• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:20:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

Still picking===>

Started by Mugwump, September 14, 2014, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

A few tomatoes still coming in, along with jalapeno's, green peppers, and green beans....getting sparce tho.....if the weather doesn't get too cool, the strawberries may make another run at it....but no blossoms so far.. .....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

My cukes went in the ground 2 weeks ago. Maters are about ready to go out. Eggplant has a fruit. This may be my best season in quite a few years. I hope. And we are still in rainy season heading into love bug season.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

I drove thru love bugs once during the season in 1970. they sure create a mess.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Cukes are starting to flower. Put down 50 tomato plants today. Still a few more to go. Tomorrow I need to get 30-40 bell pepper plants down and some pole bean seeds. No corn this time though. Another month or two and radish, lettuce, rapini, carrots, and broccoli go down. End of January starts the maters again.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 27, 2014, 07:42:16 PM
Cukes are starting to flower. Put down 50 tomato plants today. Still a few more to go. Tomorrow I need to get 30-40 bell pepper plants down and some pole bean seeds. No corn this time though. Another month or two and radish, lettuce, rapini, carrots, and broccoli go down. End of January starts the maters again.

Are you in South America....LOL.....almost reverse seasons from here in the upper midwest....our's has still got some green peppers going, but all else is dwindling out....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Mugwump

Jon

ilroost

Roma tomato's and bell peppers are all thats left now

GraphicGr8s

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 27, 2014, 10:43:25 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 27, 2014, 08:36:32 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 27, 2014, 08:04:38 PM
Savoir-Faire is everywhere

Ah, greenhouse?......LOL

Tampa/St 'Pete' area??...or further south??...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 28, 2014, 03:06:48 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

We had some good friends that lived in the Crystal River area....and my late grandfather had a penthouse on the bay in Tampa/St Pete......nice area... ;D
Jon

GraphicGr8s

It has its moments. Right now I pretty much hate it. But I also realize it's the same crap all over

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on September 28, 2014, 03:52:52 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

We had some good friends that lived in the Crystal River area....and my late grandfather had a penthouse on the bay in Tampa/St Pete......nice area... ;D

Doug and I have talked about visiting Crystal River.  He'd like to move to Florida, I like our four seasons in Michigan.  Our 8 1/2 yr old Dobe will keep us here for now anyway.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 28, 2014, 05:05:36 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 28, 2014, 03:52:52 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Doug and I have talked about visiting Crystal River.  He'd like to move to Florida, I like our four seasons in Michigan.  Our 8 1/2 yr old Dobe will keep us here for now anyway.

..great tubing, and snorkeling. on the Crystal river.... ;D........manatees... ;D
Jon