• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 108
Total: 109

Bout to spawn

Started by JC, September 12, 2014, 04:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

My blue smokey leopard x pinoy clown veil pair is about to spawn for the first time for me, unfortunately they have been cleaning the intake tube all afternoon and not the slate.  Haha just my luck

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 12, 2014, 04:32:48 PM
My blue smokey leopard x pinoy clown veil pair is about to spawn for the first time for me, unfortunately they have been cleaning the intake tube all afternoon and not the slate.  Haha just my luck

..I hate that too....sheesh...bimbos....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

I think I'll leave it and see what happens.

JC

So last night they laid a huge spawn. They covered the filter tube of a whisper 40 from top to bottom and halfway around it! 

Mugwump

...cool........got an extra lift tube that you can swap out??..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on September 13, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

Not of that size. I've an extra whisper 60 I could pull a tube from  I'll just see what happens, how many eggs turn white and how long the raise till

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 13, 2014, 02:22:23 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 13, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

Not of that size. I've an extra whisper 60 I could pull a tube from  I'll just see what happens, how many eggs turn white and how long the raise till

or just swap the filter with the same media???
Jon

JC

Well I left the tank light on last night and got home a little bit ago and they are still tending the eggs. Only see a couple white ones too, I'm plesently surprised

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 14, 2014, 08:51:05 PM
Well I left the tank light on last night and got home a little bit ago and they are still tending the eggs. Only see a couple white ones too, I'm plesently surprised

..remember to turn off the filter, or cover the intake with a sponge, or something.....even if they move them, that intake can suck em up when they free swim....
Jon

JC

Filter is off and I have wigglers today. They are doing a good job raising so far, we'll see how far they raise them to

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 15, 2014, 09:31:44 AM
Filter is off and I have wigglers today. They are doing a good job raising so far, we'll see how far they raise them to

Excellent.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

JC

Update:  they are still raising their wigglers they have moved them about 3 times but are doing a great job with them

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 18, 2014, 11:25:51 AM
Update:  they are still raising their wigglers they have moved them about 3 times but are doing a great job with them

I knew that you'd like that pair  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....now you have two pair of 'raisers'.. ;D
The 'mutiny' should be soon....today??....LOL...
Jon

JC

In the years  I've been breeding angelfish I've never had 2 pairs that raised for me the same time  haha, thinking back I think I've only had 2 pairs that have raised for me in the past 6 yrs

Mugwump

...by the way, look for the 'headlights' on those HE fry..... ;D
Jon