• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Plants ???

Started by Jo, December 05, 2012, 12:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Are there any plants that angelfish wont eat and tear up?
Jo

ilroost

Crinum Thaianum(onion plant). google it , it looks just like a green onion. easy to grow. i have some in my cichlid tanks and they don't even mess with it. i have one that  has grown to the top of a 29 gal. and then spreads all the way across the top

Jo

Ok thank you. I'm googling now! Do you have a pic of that? I bet it is beautiful!
Jo

LizStreithorst

Angels eat plants?  I never knew!  I have 2 huge Amazon Swords in my 125 at the shop.  They started as baby plants.  The Angels never bothered them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jo

I have Vals and moss and they eat them like crazy. I have a small amazon I got recently and am afraid to put it in there. LOL
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: Jo on December 05, 2012, 04:26:07 PM
I have Vals and moss and they eat them like crazy. I have a small amazon I got recently and am afraid to put it in there. LOL

feed em more, Jo....LOL...mine never bother the plants except angel fry, they like the water sprite..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Really? I feed them at least 2 times a day sometimes 3 some special treats like blood worms or black worms at lunch time.
Jo

Mugwump

I've never seen them forage much on plants, except to pick fallen food on a leaf,etc....or clean for spawning
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Ya me either I have kept angels in pretty heavily planted tanks and never had an issue
Josh

Jo

Not sure what this plant is, but it was huge and full. It is totally gone now. They had eaten a lot of it when this pic was taken.

Jo

Mugwump

Water sprite...LOL...my fry love it.....the only plant that angels really seem to like to nibble on...I've had parents spit fry onto/into them....stringers all over...like little vines..
Jon

Jo

Good to know what it is. I bet that was cool to see!
Jo