• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:03:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

F Y I

Started by Mugwump, September 04, 2014, 05:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

For the new folks...under your handle at the top of the forum page is "Show unread posts since last visit"...clicking that, will bring up your unread posts......easy way not to miss anything.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hey Jon, several weeks ago that feature disappeared from my screen. I tried to go through the forum profile and find how to get it back but couldn't, so i figured the format was changed.  I miss it!

Any ideas?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 05, 2014, 12:28:01 AM
Hey Jon, several weeks ago that feature disappeared from my screen. I tried to go through the forum profile and find how to get it back but couldn't, so i figured the format was changed.  I miss it!

Any ideas?

I have no idea why it wouldn't show up for you???.....it should be there...and no one else has mentioned not seeing it.........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I don't see it either.  I always just use the "HOME" button.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Mine hasn't disappeared.  I use it all the time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2014, 07:53:03 AM
Mine hasn't disappeared.  I use it all the time.

Whew.....that's good to know....I wonder if everyone's looking in the same place???......very top left side...above the forum date.....
Jon

wsantia1

I don't have it either. I just hit the home button also.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Don't have a forum date either.... :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

I know that I'm 'admin' but....?? here's what I get..some of you are seeing the 'unread posts' and some aren't...??....I asked Dennis and he says that it likely doesn't show up if you're not logged in....and it might be your type of browser, etc.....I wonder if 'Tapatalk' sees it..??? I'm on Firefox, what do those not seeing it run..???

Hello Mugwump
    Show unread posts since last visit.
    Show new replies to your posts.
    September 05, 2014, 04:40:07 PM
Jon

wsantia1

It does not show on tap a talk and on my computers I have IE and Chrome and don't get it there either. Maybe there is a switch in settings?

Willie

LizStreithorst

I see it on both Chrome and IE.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 05, 2014, 05:48:44 PM
It does not show on tap a talk and on my computers I have IE and Chrome and don't get it there either. Maybe there is a switch in settings?

Nope....nothings changed here, except maybe on your end....??
Jon

wsantia1

I've been looking at it on my laptop. When I go back into my office/fishroom I'll log in from my desk top.
Willie

BallAquatics

I've got the same as you Jon.

Here's Iceweasel / FireFox.....

Here's Chrome.....

and here's Chrome when I'm not logged in.....

Obviously it can't show ME my unread posts when it doesn't know who ME is  LOL

All bets are off when you are using Tapatalk.....  don't get me started with that stuff   ???

Dennis