• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 311
Total: 311

Tired ...been a long day..

Started by Mugwump, August 22, 2014, 06:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..cut grass this morning, brought in the coolers for fridge food, changed gas flex hose(run to hdwr store twice, wrong coupling)...appliances delivered, wrong 1/4 compression fitting for fridge water line..(back to hdwr store twice)..finally went to Lowe's found right piece...got home and broke it.....(back to Lowe's for fitting, grabbed two and a inline shutoff, so I could change the downstairs hook up too....everything hooked up fine now... ;D ..stored food back in the fridge...put the coolers back in the garage, fiddled with valves trying to clear air out of the water line..tried to coax Manny back upstairs from when those big bad metal things scared him half to death...took pics of new stuff..Manny still checking them out.........Jan and I, abandoned the place and went out for a sandwich/fries.. ;D...after taking three Advil each because we both worked up a headache....oh and did I mention??...our blasted internet provider had a shut down for about 4-5 hours...oh joy...I was going to do a quick forum check, and update on our progress...'puter' went burp....sheesh...
Anyway, back to normal now...tomorrow we re-stock groceries and get ready for Sunday's swap...busy, busy, busy......but...coffee's good  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I feel for you, Mug.  The frustration of making all those trips for supplies would have been enough to give me a huge headache.  You were brave to do the stove.  Flex hose or not, I'd have been leery of tackling it.  Hope you've recovered by tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I knew a guy once that said any home project is usually good for three trips to the hardware store.

Ron Sower

Mugs, that sounds like some of my projects.  ::)  Good thing is that Lowes & Home Depot are across the street from each other only one mile away.  Lowes is my favorite.

Oh...and plumbing repairs?... a normal 30 minute job is good for 3 hours of my time!!!  :-[ :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

lol.  All my projects take at least twice as long as I anticipated.  I guess that's normal.
Always move forward. Never look back.