• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:01:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217

What kind of "Catfish" do you raise?

Started by rcbows, July 31, 2014, 04:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcbows

Let hear from the members as to whether they raise any or have any catfish species! Tell us there names (Scientific if they know it) how many and what type. Are they easy to breed or hard to spawn!

Ron
Ron Bows

rcbows

I have the following species of "Catfish":

For Catfish (Scientific name, Common Name, acquisition, location, spawning report)

Ameiurus nebulosus, Florida Brown Bullhead catfish, wild caught, Lakeland 2102; only one fish
Hoplosternum littorale, Brown Hoplo, elephish, 2014 Wild caught South Florida. not spawning
Ancistrus cirrhosus, Brown Bristlenose,  5 D?s Tropical?s; 2012; spawning regularly, Many young available
Ancistrus sp., Albino Bristlenose, 5 D?s Tropical?s; 2012; spawning regularly, Many young available
Ancistrus sp., Long-fin Bristlenose, Chris Baez, 2013, , Many young available
Ancistrus sp., Blue Eyed Bristlenose, SKS Meeting, July 2-13 Arizona Breeder: Newly acquired Adult Male from HD; , No young available
Corydoras aeneus, Green/Bronze, 5 D?s Tropical?s; 2012: spawning regularly; No young available
Corydoras aeneus, Albino Cory, 5 D?s Tropical?s; 2012;spawning regularly; , Many young available
Corydoras schultzie, Black Cory, Aqua-bid, 2014, none available
Corydoras paleatus, Peppered Cory, First spawn this year, No young available
Corydoras trilineatus, 2nd spawn this year; No young available
Corydoras melini, False Bandit Cory, ?, Not spawning
Corydoras panda, Panda Cory (short-fin), Haven?t spawned this year? Changed to planted tank to see if this helps!
Corydoras panda, Panda Cory (long-tail) spawned once!Removed eggs no viable young produced.
Corydoras zygatus, Not spawning
Corydoras agassizii , Not spawning
Corydoras blochi, Not spawning
Corydoras sterbai, Aquabid 2014, just acquired, too young to spawn
Corydoras habrosus, spawning?
Corydoras leucomelas - New; Not spawning
Aspidoras albator, new fish acquired from HD; 4th spawn, this year
Aspidoras spilotus, spawning regularly: some fish available

What kind of "Catfish" do you raise?
Ron Bows

Mugwump

Zounds !!!!! that's an impressive list there...........sweeeeet  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on July 31, 2014, 04:59:47 PM
Zounds !!!!! that's an impressive list there...........sweeeeet  ;D

Absolutely!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

I'm keeping, and sometimes they'll spawn, the following. They are really just pets from various sources.
Ancistrus Long-fin Bristlenose
Ancistrus sp. ABN
C. pygmaeus
C. panda
C. sterbae
C. aeneus
C. loxozonus
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I'm not really much of a catfish keeper, but when I put the list together, I've got quite a variety.  LOL

Ancistrus cirrhosus (Longfins from Jon)
Ancistrus dolichopterus
Ancistrus sp. (L144) 
Ancistrus sp. `PUCALLPA'
Ancistrus sp. `PUCALLPA GOLD`

Corydoras aeneus

Hypancistrus sp. (L201)
Hypancistrus Zebra (L046)

Otocinclus macrospilus
Otocinclus vittatus

Tatia galaxias

Dennis

rcbows

Oh! by the way you can see a full list of the species I raise on my blog at http://ronsaquatics.com. I have almost 100 tanks!

Ron Bows
Ron Bows

rcbows

Nice selection Dennis! Any for sale at this time? PM me!

Ron
Ron Bows

Mugwump

Thanks for the blog link...I have it bookmarked now  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

rcbows

Anyone can subscribe to it and it will let you know when anything else is posted!

Ron
Ron Bows