• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Blue Marble pair

Started by Mugwump, July 24, 2014, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 25, 2014, 09:49:52 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 25, 2014, 08:31:08 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 25, 2014, 08:26:12 PM
goodie, goodie, goodie, you poor dear.  If one has the thingamabob, others are het for it ;D

not necessari ;D

It's a simple recessive, Mug.  If your blue marbles come from the same parents, the gene is here, waiting to pop up when you least want to see it. 

It's a fun gene because either they don't hatch, the parents cull them for you as they free swim, bad ones are easy to spot and do in yourself, and you're left with the strong ones. What's not good about that?

That's the thing, marble is an incomplete dominant and will express in single dose, so the fry could have easily come from different pairs....or the same pair, and if they were both 'het' there will be a percentage of 'clean' fry....50% would be pearls, 25% would be 'het', and 25% would be clean...
Looking at the six that I received, only one (maybe two?) are pearl....a couple do look clean tho?? We'll see....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Here's a couple pics.....one shows a possible pair....the other looks like the female, who is a pearl....tho it shows up more in the 'pair' pic (lower)....the pearl takes on a 'blue' cast too it in the right light,,,interesting..... ;D...I could almost like that...LOL...note that the flash washes the blue out....drats......but still picks up the red eyes.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Those sure are pretty angels Jon. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Thanks Pauline, when they first arrived a quarter+ size, I wondered how they would grow out as adults...now that they're almost grown the color, and size, please me a lot.  ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron