• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:36:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 125
Total: 126

If a Picture is worth 1000 words ..........(Dial up warning)

Started by EdKaz, July 24, 2014, 08:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_b0401

WOW How beautiful!!! Great job the pictures are fabulous definitely worth the 23,000 words  ;)

PaulineMi

My favs are 2, 9 (the smokey on the left) & 14 .   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

EdKaz

Thanks All for the compliments on the fish and Photos.

QuoteHow are you taking those excellent photos?  I'm curious about your camera & settings, etc...

Currently Im using a Canon 6D(SLR) with both an on camera and an off camera slave flash.

Quote+1 Teach is oh wise one....

Grab your vidideo camera and come on out  ;) and we can do a video on how/what Im doing....it could take another 2000 words to try to explain it all.

If there is interest and If I get some time in the next couple days, Ill try to take some pix of some of the setups (and updated pix of the "kids") as well as try to explain the how/what and why of what I did for these pix. Ya'll might  get a kick out knowing these were all shot using a Styrofoam cooler "flash modifier"  8)

Ill also try to set  something up  for those with point and shoot cameras, using easily obtained and inexpensive lighting ideas.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

wsantia1

I am interested too. ;D ;D ;D I'm tired of taking lousy pictures of fish. :o  I take decent pictures of people and regular pets but fish have me stumped. :-[

I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V that I know is capable of much more than I can do with it. ??? :-[
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

EdKaz

Here are a couple links to a pretty good explanation of what it will take to get decent fish pix for anyone interested. This guy does a GREAT job in explaining MANY things to help get you started in the right direction.

http://fish-etc.com/knowledge/how-to-photograph-your-fish-and-tank-part-1

http://fish-etc.com/knowledge/to-photograph-fish-aquarium-part-2

The key thing to take away from those writings, and most important to getting decent pix of your fish  is LIGHT

LOTS of BRIGHT LIGHT......the ability to manipulate camera settings, knowing which settings to change.......practice/experimentation........ and patience.

I can try and help decepher/explain what is written on those pages (that save me a WHOLE lotta two fingered typing) If ya have any questions after reading those pages fire away.

Ill get some pix of my fishy portrait setups up sometime lin the coming days.

Im heading out for a few days...........the trees and bushes around here are SCREAMING in  wet evenly lit deep Reds, Bright Oranges and Yellows........All the makins for some pretty fall color scenery pix. My FAVORITE time of year

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 16, 2014, 08:29:03 AM
  Im heading out for a few days...........the trees and bushes around here are SCREAMING in  wet evenly lit deep Reds, Bright Oranges and Yellows........All the makins for some pretty fall color scenery pix. My FAVORITE time of year

Yes sir, mine too..... ;D  areas like 'Starve Rock', and the lower Fox River ( a top ten in 'Canoeing America') have some of the best scenery anywhere.......altho, I'm rather fond of Western NY too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Mugwump

Those are some great links Ed....just finished ans I can almost remember what I read...cool.....nicelt done....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2014, 10:32:14 AM
Those are some great links Ed....just finished ans I can almost remember what I read...cool.....nicelt done....

The "remembering it all" is the stickler.    :o

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 17, 2014, 08:06:47 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2014, 10:32:14 AM

The "remembering it all" is the stickler.    :o

LOL......you got that right, Pauline......but I guess after a bit of doing it, it becomes second nature..?
Jon