• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 06:25:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,324
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

HB wigglers

Started by LizStreithorst, July 10, 2014, 06:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Oh, now I get it.  Thanks for the explanation.  If my pair does get some fry, I will be on the lookout for what you describe.  I can cull, I have a nice EBJD who is now over 6" and he loves live food.  So far all he has tasted are a few Endlers (while I was sure not to watch).  I will let you all know if/when my pair produces anything.
Barb

LizStreithorst

The difference with me is that since I don't have a ready market for my fish like our friends in the frozen north, anything that helps me have fewer fish that I really like is a plus.  Angels make so many fry and it's hard for me to cull otherwise good fish.  (I have 200 gallons of tank space devoted to unturned and partailly turned hb's as it is)  I should have culled them on color when they were young but I didn't >:(

BTW, this hb spawn was a bust.  They started to free swim too soon.  The parents tried to stick them back on the cone for hours but they wouldn't stick.  The parents finally got disgusted and ate them.  I'll let them try again.

I have another pair spawning now, but they are both veils.  I'm not fond of super veils.  The female is a pearl scale and the male is het for the trait which I approve of 8)
Always move forward. Never look back.