• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 357
Total: 358

Too much water...

Started by Mugwump, July 08, 2014, 06:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....if all this rain keeps up we'll need to add drainage grooves in the garden...some of the plant veg/fruit are showing the signs of too much water........some lower zucchini have the rot...blah...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I believe that Jon.  Our lake is quite full...barely a couple inches from going over our dock. We were talking about needing a step stool to get up into our pontoon boat.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 08, 2014, 09:19:19 AM
.... We were talking about needing a step stool to get up into our pontoon boat.

I used to love our pontoon boat on Smith Mtn Lake in Va.  Would sometimes spend the entire weekend just sitting on it by the dock, never even cranking the motor! Just soak up the sun and gently rock with the wakes from the boaters.  Our second one had a hardtop cover that was an upper deck for sunbathing. It was more of a sway that high up!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hey Ron, we were at that lake many years ago, it is beautiful!!  Where on the NC beaches did you visit?  We live just 30 mi. west of Atlantic Beach and Morehead City and Emerald Isle.  See any of them?

It is so hot here, we sure need rain, please send us some??
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on July 10, 2014, 02:14:02 PM
Hey Ron, we were at that lake many years ago, it is beautiful!!  Where on the NC beaches did you visit?  We live just 30 mi. west of Atlantic Beach and Morehead City and Emerald Isle.  See any of them?

It is so hot here, we sure need rain, please send us some??
Barb

Smith Mtn Lake has over 500 miles of shoreline if I remember correctly.

Let's see...I've been to Nags Head, Wrightsville, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, and I fished several times for bass in Lake Mattamuskeet and Currituck Sound. None of the ones you mentioned. I almost moved to Greenville one time. Kinda wish I had. Close to a lot of things I love about the area.

We're having a record breaking heat wave here lately. Almost 90F!! Woohoo! Seattleites are whining!  8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ron, those places you visited are all near me, farther north of us.  They are called the Outer Banks,  we live in the southern outer banks of NC.  And Greenville is right up the road from us, about 45 min. drive.  Come back and visit NC sometime.
Barb

Ron Sower

I  would love to come back there sometime. Then I could meet and visit you and Bill too!

How is he getting along now?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Yes, do  come visit.  Bill isn't doing too well, he is about as good as he can get, at least he can walk, sort of.  He has many ills, keeps me very busy caring for him.
Barb

Ron Sower

It would be fun to visit over there and see you guys and your fish, but alas, not in the cards right now.

I'm really sorry Bill's not doing so hot. I hope things do get as good as they can for him.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron