• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 238
Total: 238

Barb and Liz at NADA

Started by Barb, June 20, 2014, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have a feeling that 2016 will be in Chicago
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good, I can drive that in 2 days, no broken pottery and a lot of you folks can go too!  Many of you live in that part of the US.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's not a done deal yet, but my money is on it.

Mugwump

Now that would be cool.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What it depends on, Mug is whether they, as a non profit organization can have their own volunteers set up the stands and do the electric.  There would be no way if they had to pay union people do it.  I'm sure they're looking into it as I type.

LizStreithorst

The other choice at the moment is Florida.  Same thing with the union stuff.  My feeling is that the lady in the club in Chicago has the ability to put on a better show than the lady from Florida, don't you?  That's why decided Chicago.  If they can't get around the union  thing it will be back to Dallas.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 27, 2014, 06:53:50 PM
What it depends on, Mug is whether they, as a non profit organization can have their own volunteers set up the stands and do the electric.  There would be no way if they had to pay union people do it.  I'm sure they're looking into it as I type.

If they partner up with an outfit like the GCCA, no unions involved....they put on the Cichlid Classic every year....and use a comparable set up....it's not rocket science, where electricians are needed....run cords/air/stands..yada yada....heck the swaps have two big rooms and 80-90 vendors all running there own...if NADA wants to establish their own layout...it's a no brainer
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That would be so awesome if the partner up with GCCA and had it in Chicago.
Scott

LizStreithorst

If I'm not mistaken, the lady I think will be the prime mover and make it be is a member of that club.  She should have know about the Union thing but did not.  If she want it she will have it.  I sure hope she knows how much a labor of love putting on a show is.

Mugwump

If you ever saw a GCCA swap...you'd understand....my pics of the swaps don't do justice to the great work done by GCCA....they even have storage garages full of stands and tanks...it's a very efficient operation, doing this 5-6 times a year, not just a yearly show....no unions are used, or needed...
Jon