• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Barb and Liz at NADA

Started by Barb, June 20, 2014, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 23, 2014, 08:29:40 AM
:o :o :o I struggled through two years of Latin many years ago but recognize it when I see it.  Why is his website in Latin? 

Oh yeah....thanks for the contact info. Lol.

I have no clue.....LOL....I just call him....it may take a bit to get an answer??...he's likely on the way back from Austin...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I'll call Mark later in the week...no rush.

Maybe he used Latin in keeping with the species of plants and fish he offers for sale. ;D  Or it might be to prevent people from trying to order from the website. He states it can't be done yet in the fine print at the top of the page.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

I get a hold of Mark through Facebook. Look for Mark of Excellence Aquatics.

Scott

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

EdKaz

QuoteI struggled through two years of Latin many years ago but recognize it when I see it.  Why is his website in Latin? 

It looks like he is/was in the process of setting the site up, or updating it.
That "latin" is typical of many computer type newsletters, website etc.... templates.......the "latin gibberish" are typically  place holders to help keep the format of the document/website, and allow editing.

I have followed him on facebook, but havent ever looked at his site before so cant say if it WAS up and running and something got switched around inadvertently, or if he is just in the process of setting up an actual site.

Mugwump

...likely just for some pics, etc....as he doesn't sell from it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Ed...didn't you post a really nice picture of a potted sword with fry swimming around it?  I looked all over the forum but couldn't find it.  If it was you would you either repost it here or insert a link?

BallAquatics

That's a common practise in website developement Pauline.

"This is a demo store for testing purposes ? no orders shall be fulfilled."

Dennis

PaulineMi

That leaves me scratching my head.   :o

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 25, 2014, 09:25:52 AM
That leaves me scratching my head.   :o

If it was in English, despite any disclaimers...some nuts would still try to use it....plus without traffic, I'll bet he doesn't get any/many 'bots'  ;D
Jon

EdKaz

QuoteEd...didn't you post a really nice picture of a potted sword with fry swimming around it?

Not sure if I did or not. Ill have to dig some to see if I can find something like you describe

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 25, 2014, 11:21:52 AM
....plus without traffic, I'll bet he doesn't get any/many 'bots'  ;D

It's a WordPress site so they can simply turn off the bots in the Dashboard.

http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 26, 2014, 09:49:09 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 25, 2014, 11:21:52 AM
....plus without traffic, I'll bet he doesn't get any/many 'bots'  ;D

It's a WordPress site so they can simply turn off the bots in the Dashboard.

http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

Dennis

nice........... ;D
Jon

Barb

Hello everyone, I am just now getting back to my more normal life after NADA.  It was all so much fun, and I keep thinking about all the good times I had with so many of the participants.  Can hardly wait for the next one in 2 years, hopefully not so far away.  I would prefer to drive so I can take pottery with me in my car.  I had a lot broken by FedEx unfortunately, about 1/4 of what I sent.

I have a lot of reading to do here I see, so I will get started soon.  My husband did ok by himself for 6 days, but he was afraid to do much, in case he fell and I wasn't there to help him.  So, he did too much sitting and now his walking isn't too good.  He is at PT right now.
Barb

PaulineMi

So sorry to hear about your broken pottery and Bill's set back.  It's a good thing you have many pleasant memories from NADA.   :)