• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:17:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Petco Dollar Sale

Started by wsantia1, June 19, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: EverythingAquatic on June 30, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
Since you are counting......

1 X 55 to replace the one that blew
2 X 29 to house my new angel pairs for breeding
2 X 20 to use for sumps
4 X 10 for different shrimp colonies

All that was hauled in my car in 2 trips.  Although moving the 55 into the house by myself was an adventure.  Almost dropped it a couple of times!!

Now to figure out stands with only a handsaw.

LOL.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

What is the best size grow out tanks for angels. I have a bunch of 20 longs and a few 55s. Should I have some other size if so I will go pick up some today.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

I like the 55's...they're long, and have good height, versatile......some folks like the 40 breeders...which, myself, I'm not fond of...different foot print, different lids, different racking requirments...yada yada....20 longs are great for cory pods, angels not so much because of the angel finage, it's taller and needs room to grow right...pair tanks?...20H's are good..... as are the 29/30's for parent raisers....

I'm sure others will chime in too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I like the 55s too.  I am also using a couple of 40 breeders because they fit into my setup, but I agree with Jon that the foot print can be kind of awkward to work with.  I have been using the 29s for pairs but I'm going to start using the 20H for that also (I have space constraints).
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

Thanks I will go pick up some 20 h and a few 29s today.

PaulineMi

Quote from: JR on July 01, 2014, 08:50:00 AM
Thanks I will go pick up some 20 h and a few 29s today.

At 8 a.m. you were thinking about the banks of 5s and 10s. Now at 10 a.m. you are going for some 20s and a few 29s. My diagnosis is there's a definite case of MTS going on here.   ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

JR

I am going to let the 5s and 10s go and get the 20s and 29s. They will work for what I need. Never herd of MTS what is that. LOL

PaulineMi

MTS -  Multiple Tank Syndrome    ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 01, 2014, 10:20:12 AM

..and there is no known cure... ;D............................(which isn't really that bad either)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 01, 2014, 10:45:36 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on July 01, 2014, 10:20:12 AM

..and there is no known cure... ;D............................(which isn't really that bad either)

Actually downsizing to a smaller abode stifles MTS somewhat....but it's not a true cure!  The symptoms remain.  I know from experience!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron