• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 329
Total: 329

Yikes!

Started by LizStreithorst, June 15, 2014, 09:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The last huge tree was hollow inside.  Most of it's wood is worthless.  The other treed are decent wood.  I'll save all all I can and put the rest in the burn pile.  The guys are getting everything out or my way but I have a hell of a lot of chain sawing and wood splitting ahead of me.  It will be great for my upper body.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

You will be so strong, you could take Josie down. ;D

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on June 16, 2014, 07:30:23 PM
You will be so strong, you could take Josie down. ;D

I would be able to if I'd been taught fighting technique.  Josie knows what she's doing in a fight.  I don't.

LizStreithorst

It's getting dark and these gentlemen are still working at getting big stuff out of my way.  I told them where it was but they said no.

LizStreithorst

It is 8:40 and dark.  I offered to cook them dinner (pork chops and mexican rice) but they declined.  The guy with the crane declined a beer but the main man had a Corona and his helper had a Southern Pecan, a great Mississippi beer.  They did more than they said they would do and charged me only what they told me  what they originally told me.

I've never enjoyed spending money that I didn't want to spend so much in my life.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 17, 2014, 12:20:58 AM
Who's Josie?

Josie is a Discus breeder in Chicago.....nice gal...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson