• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

Yikes!

Started by LizStreithorst, June 15, 2014, 09:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We had a hard rain and a big blow the other night.  It uprooted a big Sweet gum which would have fallen on Charlotte AND on my house had there not been there to block it's path.  It's gonna cost a dang fortune to have it taken down.   Ah, the joys of life.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

What blocked it?.....close call.....wow!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That should have said, "had there not been a big oak blocking it"  Apparently I can't type without beer.  It is now afternoon and I've taken care of the lack of beer problem ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2014, 01:04:36 PM
That should have said, "had there not been a big oak blocking it"  Apparently I can't type without beer.  It is now afternoon and I've taken care of the lack of beer problem ::)

LOL.........love it......... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Tree guys are here.  The big crane has arrived.  They'll be taking down 3 trees in all.  They are all either dead or dying and all will fall on my house as their last hurrah if I don't intervene.

I wish my camera worked.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 16, 2014, 02:33:57 PM
Tree guys are here.  The big crane has arrived.  They'll be taking down 3 trees in all.  They are all either dead or dying and all will fall on my house as their last hurrah if I don't intervene.

I wish my camera worked.

12 pack and a lawn chair.........enjoy the shop  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

These gentlemen are masters.  Watching them work is fascinating.

LizStreithorst

They just decided where to tie how to tie off tree number 3.   It's almost 6 o'clock and they're hard at it. 

LizStreithorst

KABOOM! Tree number three down in one fell swoop. Where it landed was perfect.

LizStreithorst

Tree number 4 being worked on now. 

ilroost

Liz not trying to be nosey but is that costing you a arm and a leg?
I'm just asking as i have 3 dead trees that need to come down here also

LizStreithorst

I had a big tree that was wanting with all it's heart to fall on my house.  I had a smaller tree in a hard to get to place, and three very large trees that didn't need a whole lot of prep work.  The guy with the crane was working on each of the four.  It's costing me $1300.. 

After having watched them work all day long I say I got a huge bargain.  It's 10 till 7 and they're still working.

Mugwump

Keeping some firewood???....
Jon

Barb

She is keeping it all , to split and burn in her fire pit, I think.
Barb

ilroost

I would say a great deal!
I have 3 white birch trees that line the drive in front of the house that are dead. Need to do something before i regret not doing something