• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

Phyllanthus fluitans

Started by b125killer, June 14, 2014, 09:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Has anyone had any Red Root floaters. I'm thinking of getting a few. Just wanted to know what others think about it.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 14, 2014, 09:06:52 PM
Has anyone had any Red Root floaters. I'm thinking of getting a few. Just wanted to know what others think about it.

Did you get any of these??....where?..Mark??.....floaters???.... ;D I have plenty of duckweed if ya want some?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I've had this plant. Fairly easy to grow. Just give it good light and not too much surface disturbance. Other club members have it in our auctions a lot.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...is it a serious light blocker??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Can be if you let it get ahead of you. But easier to eradicate than duckweed. It's so much larger.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 19, 2014, 06:14:37 PM
Can be if you let it get ahead of you. But easier to eradicate than duckweed. It's so much larger.

cool....I'll look around for some here......... ;D
Jon

b125killer

I haven't gotten any yet, just enquiring about them. I want something bigger than duck weed for the big tank.
I have more duck weed then I know what to do with. The big tank will have duck weed too.
I did find out that if I keep duck weed in the tank with just potted plants that the brown algae doesn't grow on the plants as much. The duck weed must be taking the nutrients the algae needs or blocking more light.
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

b125killer

That would be them. I think there neat.
Scott

Mugwump

unique root system and colors....
Jon