• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

Crazy catfish

Started by BallAquatics, June 11, 2014, 08:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

These crazy cories I've got, all I have to do is think about a cool water change and bam there are eggs all over the tank.  The poor male ABN is looking to me for some help.  He just run off the last batch of fry last week and already his lady friend is making eyes at him from the cave.  At this rate I'm not going to have any tank space for Danios.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

What kind of cories Dennis?  I'm thinking of getting some regular finned, non-albinos that can handle discus temps.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

If you raise the cories in warmer temps, they adapt pretty well to Angel temps 80-82+....But Sterbias can handle the discus temps like a champ....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Sterbais are what I've had in mind.  And I like their looks too.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 11, 2014, 08:31:10 AM
What kind of cories Dennis?

They are albino Corydoras aeneus.  I got them at an auction and wasn't paying enough attention as I thought they were ABN males.   :o

Never been a big catfish fan, but they are as cute as can be.....  especially when they are .25 inches long.  I've been thinking of getting some of the black cories, saw some at a swap this spring and should have picked them up.

Dennis

JR

My pandas are the same way. If I think about a water change I have eggs. My Pandas have been in 80 to 82 water temps since I have had them they are doing fine.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

rcbows

I have plenty of Brown BN"s if you are interested. They are raised in FL and used to higher temps, 80 degree water and up. I'm on AQUABID or you can PM me for price.

Ron
Ron Bows

PaulineMi

Thanks but I only like the looks of plecos even though I have four of the poop machines.  ;D 

Mugwump

Quote from: rcbows on August 01, 2014, 07:29:36 AM
I have plenty of Brown BN"s if you are interested. They are raised in FL and used to higher temps, 80 degree water and up. I'm on AQUABID or you can PM me for price.

Ron

I still have some L144 blue eyed albino's, if you're interested, Ron.....PM me...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson