• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

...Wednesday???

Started by Mugwump, June 04, 2014, 06:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee, lots of coffee......can not wake up.... 8)......rainy/gloomy/cooler outside....blah
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...more coffee and a bowl of Wheaties ;D....it's a little better now ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

The other day it was 90 deg's....it's 61 deg's outside right now....40's tonight.....weird huh?.. ;D
Jon

ilroost

Tired as hell, up all nite. It got real bad here last night. The weather radio went off at 2 am. Igot up and they were talking about a tornado spotted on Illinois county road 1800. HOLEY CRAP, thats the side road  of my house. Never lost power but i was hiding under the pool table for a hour or two

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 04, 2014, 05:30:49 PM
Tired as hell, up all nite. It got real bad here last night. The weather radio went off at 2 am. Igot up and they were talking about a tornado spotted on Illinois county road 1800. HOLEY CRAP, thats the side road  of my house. Never lost power but i was hiding under the pool table for a hour or two

...whew...glad it skipped by you.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's 90 degrees here too and will stay hot for a while.  I knew that I'd finally break down and turn the air on in the shop.  I don't mind sweating but I have dogs in there...

I figured I could go without for a while longer in the house.  It's really well insulated. I have shade trees, I have tons of windows, I have ceiling fans in all the main rooms, and when I'm home the doors are open.  But my mail lady had an emergency and needs for me to board her dog. I don't board even though it's easy money.  But this lady, who is our Post Mistress,  has been my mail lady for as long as I can remember.  When I moved back home after being away for 4 years she left a note that said "Welcome Home" in my box.  That small act if kindness is something I will always remember.

I was her last resort.  She doesn't even use me for grooming.  Where she boards would be closed by the time she could get there.  I know what's going to happen.  I'll take the dog to the shop with me tomorrow to board in a cage as is should be done.  After a bit I will turn him out in the grooming room.  I'll feel sorry for him and bring him home.  This will go on until she picks up Friday after work, and when he's home with me I'll worry about him escaping some how, or something else terrible happen.  That's why I don't board.   

He's been here an hour now.  He's a good boy.  His name is Harley.  I could tell as soon as he got out of the car that he could deal with my nine canines.  He's needy of me right now because he's confused and in a strange place.  I let him sit on my lap for a while and talked him up to my guys, and told him what a nice dog he is.   After I put him down, I had to teach him not to nag me.  It only took him 3 times.  He's smart.  Right now he'd lying down beside me, not nagging, getting a pet once in a while.

At least I get to groom him.  He's overdue for grooming but I can see what was done last time.  I can do better.  The one thing I'm very good at is getting the best out of a dog. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good dog story Liz, he may not want to leave you and your pets.
Barb

Mugwump

I was just thinking the same thing Barb ;D....after being with Liz, and getting all prettied up ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

If that was a flirt, I'll tell Jan on you :P

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 04, 2014, 07:40:22 PM
If that was a flirt, I'll tell Jan on you :P

I know your love of animals, that's all  ;D...you'll spoil that pup rotten...LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

I don't spoil dogs.  I love dogs, but I know how to teach them how to do right and feel loved at the same time.   Grooming is what I do best.

LizStreithorst

The little guy went home today.  I'll miss him.  He's a cool little dog.  I told Pat I'd keep him any time.  She just called said that he's exhausted and sound asleep.  I'm not surprised.   He rough housed with my crew for 2 days.

Poor Pat.  She's going to have to put her husband in a nursing home.  He's not going to get better.  He's in the last stages of cirrhosis.  He told the nurses that she hadn't been to visit him once when she was standing right there.  He thought that he was in jail.  It's going to be tough for her.  The nursing home costs $500. a month more than his SS check.

PaulineMi

That is really too bad about Pat and her husband.   :(
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)