• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Amazona's pg 20.'notebook'

Started by Mugwump, June 01, 2014, 07:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Dennis, what's your take on this technique?...the author even mentioned the Danio Margaritatus..

seems like a simple enough rig, but would getting the flow right be an issue??..too fast or too slow, etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I can see some problems with this set-up, but as long as you focus on the line in the first paragraph, "is not meant to be the most efficient or highly productive system", I think you might get some fry.

I had to chuckle when I read the part about CPD's not being "extreme spawn robbers".   His fish must be very different from the ones I've been working with, and if that's is the case, why is he going to all this trouble???

I've always told folks, these fish are as easy to spawn as guppies.  The problems start when you have to 1) keep them from eating all the eggs and/or fry, and then 2) feed tiny fry that need a couple of weeks growth to be able to eat BBS or microworms.

I think you will have a very enjoyable time working with them.

Dennis

Mugwump

...As simple as it looked, it did have the appearance of a 'manufacturing' theme to it...set it up and let it do the work....I understand what you're saying...it t'aint that easy if you want good results....I leaning towards the marbles/moss technique.....the ones that I got from you are growing nicely and out compete the few adults that I have for food....LOL...it's a madhouse in there at feeding time... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson