• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 335
Total: 335

Missing persons....

Started by Mugwump, May 31, 2014, 06:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 02, 2014, 11:44:30 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2014, 06:04:53 AM
Wow...you have been busy....you'll have lots of fun with 'Ducky'...there's still a lot to see in the US/Canada and you're in a prime location....We've got friends that traveled all the Civil War battle grounds one year..........they loved it....the had an Airstream....

Civil War... We had so much of that drummed into us in school when we were kids!  It used to bore me.  Why would anyone want to tour battlefields with so much history of death and destruction?  As I've aged I realize that it's the way of power and greed.  Unfortunate, in my opinion, for mankind in general. But we watch it daily in our aquaria, the struggle for dominance...the right to breed...the drive to acquire enough geography to insure that the progeny have enough to survive and perpetuate the species.

There's a lot of history surrounding those sites, Ron. It's not all about blood and guts. The plus side is all that you get to see along the way.  ;D  Philosophies need to be set aside when you travel; or you'll miss so many things to discover.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2014, 12:49:53 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 02, 2014, 11:44:30 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2014, 06:04:53 AM
Wow...you have been busy....you'll have lots of fun with 'Ducky'...there's still a lot to see in the US/Canada and you're in a prime location....We've got friends that traveled all the Civil War battle grounds one year..........they loved it....the had an Airstream....

Civil War... We had so much of that drummed into us in school when we were kids!  It used to bore me.  Why would anyone want to tour battlefields with so much history of death and destruction?  As I've aged I realize that it's the way of power and greed.  Unfortunate, in my opinion, for mankind in general. But we watch it daily in our aquaria, the struggle for dominance...the right to breed...the drive to acquire enough geography to insure that the progeny have enough to survive and perpetuate the species.

There's a lot of history surrounding those sites, Ron. It's not all about blood and guts. The plus side is all that you get to see along the way.  ;D  Philosophies need to be set aside when you travel; or you'll miss so many things to discover.

Exactly, pal! And that's why I like to travel.

A few years back we went to the Alamo. First visit.  I was intrigued at how small it actually was. I mourned for our heroes, too. Please, don't any of you think I don't appreciate what the blood on the battlegrounds have done for our country and what freedoms we have.

On our trip to San Antonio is where I discovered Texas Holey Rock growing in our cousins' front yard and brought a bunch of it back to my Mbuna tank!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron