• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 339
Total: 339

Missing persons....

Started by Mugwump, May 31, 2014, 06:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Earth to Ron, Earth to Ron.......... ;D......Aron/Lori...are ya out there??.....Josh???....yoo hoo.....LOL

who else hasn't been around in a bit?.....Joel, Elaine, Jo, Melanie?????......?????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

We are alive just been enjoying the awesome weather that we have been having and will be having for the next several days!!! Plus getting up at 3 in the morning to get ready for work has kept me from doing a lot!!!

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on May 31, 2014, 10:05:32 AM
We are alive just been enjoying the awesome weather that we have been having and will be having for the next several days!!! Plus getting up at 3 in the morning to get ready for work has kept me from doing a lot!!!

Cool....it's pretty nice here today too.......rain moves in tomorrow for several days....with more heat and that dumb humidity....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

We are going into a stretch of really wonderful weather temps in the mid 70"s lows in the 50's and lots of beautiful sun!!!! The only draw back are hoochy clothes that some wear around here!!

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on May 31, 2014, 02:05:43 PM
We are going into a stretch of really wonderful weather temps in the mid 70"s lows in the 50's and lots of beautiful sun!!!! The only draw back are hoochy clothes that some wear around here!!

'hoochy clothes'.......???....I can only imagine.........thinking Walmart ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Barb

My daughter, age 37, wears hoochy clothes.  I know exactly what you mean.
Barb

lanieree

I was lost, but now I'm found ;) ;) !  Things have been a little hectic here of late but PRESENT and ACCOUNTED FOR!!  WHERE IS JOEL???  He is the one responsible for starting my ANGEL OBCESSION!!

ilroost

lanieree

Y Thank you !! GREAT TO BE BACK HOME!!! ;D

Mugwump

Joel, LOL...I saw him at the last swap, then he came by here one day.....I got him to sign on and he went poof....I'll give him a jingle and see whats up?...

Nice to see your friendly handle again... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Missing person here reporting back to base!  As I think I wrote prior to Mem Day weekend, we got swamped with work and changing companies created a bit of a fluster for me because we now have a new system of sending in our docs for sales closings...or rather a lack of a system. It was so simple with the other company. Then we had to get stuff packed into Ducky, our recently purchased Fleetwood travel trailer. It's a Mallard model, so it's obvious we had to honor one of our favorite TV series!  This was our maiden voyage in him. Where we went, we had very poor internet and phone services so I just didn't bother.

We thought we had the tow vehicle all squared away the day we were supposed to leave....a large Dodge Durango....but when I was hooking it all up the morning we were leaving, I discovered the wires to the 7-pin electrical hookup had been cut and removed!!!  So I took it back to the dealer, who's a friend of mine, and he gave me the Jeep that I'd pulled it back from Everett with to use for the week.

So when we got back on Tuesday night it took me Wed and Thur to catch up on work. I'm telling ya...this semi-retirement is tough on a guy!

So we're looking at a 2003 Suburban 1500 that should be able to pull our 5800 pound Ducky okay. 140,000 miles - he wants $10,000 for it. Linda and I are going back over his house to look at it again and let her drive it. We're comparing it to a 1999 Silverado 3500 with 49,500 miles on it and a $15,000 price tag. They are both well kept vehicles.

Today we drove a nice 2005 Silverado 2500 with 112000 mile on it, but they want more than we want to commit to for it. A nice ride and no doubt it'll pull Ducky.

So we been kinda busy with all this and then, as the Jemisons pointed out, the weather has been just jamming great and we've been doing some cookouts on our new deck this week too.

It's good to be back on here now.  So I'm gonna catch up on other posts that I've been missing.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Wow...you have been busy....you'll have lots of fun with 'Ducky'...there's still a lot to see in the US/Canada and you're in a prime location....We've got friends that traveled all the Civil War battle grounds one year..........they loved it....the had an Airstream....
Jon

Owl307

Well I was busy studying for finals  :-\ It was awful lol. and now that school is finally out we are prepping all the animals for 2 vacations. One to Arizona to see the grand canyon and to lake powell and the other which we leave a day after we get home from the first one we are driving to Georgia  ;D fun times. I leave this Wed. for the other house and when we come back we jump on a plane. sooo you wont be hearing much of me till July? oh yea! did i mention after that we are goin up to my uncles lake house way up north in WI.? and we gotta make it to the dells this year too. maybe i can convince mom to take us to the dunes too... ANYWAY! sorry i wont be on much
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 02, 2014, 06:04:53 AM
Wow...you have been busy....you'll have lots of fun with 'Ducky'...there's still a lot to see in the US/Canada and you're in a prime location....We've got friends that traveled all the Civil War battle grounds one year..........they loved it....the had an Airstream....

Civil War... We had so much of that drummed into us in school when we were kids!  It used to bore me.  Why would anyone want to tour battlefields with so much history of death and destruction?  As I've aged I realize that it's the way of power and greed.  Unfortunate, in my opinion, for mankind in general. But we watch it daily in our aquaria, the struggle for dominance...the right to breed...the drive to acquire enough geography to insure that the progeny have enough to survive and perpetuate the species.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on June 02, 2014, 10:56:09 AM
Well I was busy studying for finals  :-\ It was awful lol. and now that school is finally out we are prepping all the animals for 2 vacations. One to Arizona to see the grand canyon and to lake powell and the other which we leave a day after we get home from the first one we are driving to Georgia  ;D fun times. I leave this Wed. for the other house and when we come back we jump on a plane. sooo you wont be hearing much of me till July? oh yea! did i mention after that we are goin up to my uncles lake house way up north in WI.? and we gotta make it to the dells this year too. maybe i can convince mom to take us to the dunes too... ANYWAY! sorry i wont be on much

Hey, we have 'tapatalk'....you can give us updates here and there....and pics too...LOL...have fun, be safe...
Jon