• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

Well THIS...... certainly SUCKS

Started by EdKaz, May 23, 2014, 08:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Went in for round two of my Epidural injections Weds morning after round one provided GREAT relief, albeit for just 4-5 days a couple weeks ago.

Round two has been FAR more eventful......First the pre injection LA  LA juice was something different...and INEFFECTIVE. Felt and remember vividly each and every poke and twisting of the needles trying to reach the nerves in my back. Picture what it MIGHT feel like to get tazed......laying on the table, doc pokes ya with a needle and you all but levitate as your entire body involuntarily jumps to attention with just your toes and forehead remaining in touch with the table you were just comfortably laying face down on.

Pre Second injection...."Im gonna numb it up a little more for you before I do the actual injection"  followed Quickly by yet ANOTHER body straightening stab and involuntary levitation as he did the injection in the nerve. The third and final injection was more of the same.

Stumble from the injection room with the nurses help to the "recovery room" and could hardly walk. Wife was actually laughing because I was walkin REAL funny trying to lift my feet a foot off the ground with each step I tried to take. They send me home and I took a nap for the hour ride home. Get home,  get out of the car to go into the house..........and all but face plant..........With the little bit of LA LA juice still working its magic I laid on the ground and LAUGHED..........."LOOK MA NO LEGS"!

Things got a little more serious after my 3 hr nap (typical/expected after the juice) when I tried to get up to go to the bathroom. Go to stand up......NOTHING NADA just uncontrolled shaking of both legs. A lil freaked and unsure if it was normal I laid back down hoping a lil more time will get things back to normal.

Well here it is almost 48 hours after the injections and while I can somewhat feel my legs and can clumisly walk.......I keep randomly falling over, with no warning..... like a broken weebles toy >:(

A lil behind on my fishroom duties I Struggled down to the fish room this morning, wobbled around to get them fed, and had to literally CRAWL back up the stairs.

Got a call in to the Dr to find out WTF might be going on, and WHAT if anything TO DO at this point.

wsantia1

Sorry to hear you are in such distress.  Hope you fell better soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

What a nightmare Ed. The injections are comparable to sticking a fork into a cavity....pure nerve contact. The pain you experienced and now these frightening side effects......sure hope that you are back on your feet, literally, real soon.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Geez Louise.....that does suck...I hope it all settles down soon..and yep, get back to that doctor and get it fixed....keep us posted, eh?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That must be terrible Ed.  I hope they get this sorted out quickly.

Dennis

EdKaz

Just spoke to the Doc that did the injections who says this "MIGHT" be normal, due to amount of inflammation I have in my back....and to call him back when they get back in the office TUESDAY????? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Talked to my treating Doctor earlier who told me something doesnt sound right and to head for the ER if it persists into Tommorrow morning.

This Whole Doctoring thing keeps sounding more like a crap shoot, than a science anymore >:(

JR

Ed I hope you get this worked out soon. Not knowing is whats bad.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Quote from: EdKaz on May 23, 2014, 12:23:51 PM
Just spoke to the Doc that did the injections who says this "MIGHT" be normal, due to amount of inflammation I have in my back....and to call him back when they get back in the office TUESDAY????? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Talked to my treating Doctor earlier who told me something doesnt sound right and to head for the ER if it persists into Tommorrow morning.

This Whole Doctoring thing keeps sounding more like a crap shoot, than a science anymore >:(

Oh Ed.  I am so very sorry.  I've learned from experience from my husband and my neighbor that when human doctors screw up or don't get the outcome they expect they loose their heart.  My husband ended going to Oshner hospital in New Orleans (a three hour drive from here.)  He got a staph infection from a hip replacement.  Oschner fixed him.  My neighbor is going to Oschner too, for badly failed back surgeries.  I pray that that they can make him better than he is now.  He can't go on the way he is now. 

I'll light a candle for you tonight.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Sorry to hear that your going through such pain and suffering Ed. I hope you can get better soon.
Scott

Mugwump

Well here's hoping that's it's better this morning?.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

A lil better this morning..... legs still rubber/ mush feeling, and all wobbly when getting up off a chair, but better than yesterday and the day before. Got me my cane back out  and am semi mobile to a degree.

Barb

Glad to hear you are a little better today Ed.  I hope each day will be better than the last.  My husband also deals with a very bad back, he knows your pain.  I wish you all the best,
Barb

P4Angels2

Wow!! So sorry to hear that your having so many problems!! I to suffer from back pain and sympathize with you!! I hope that you feel better sooner rather than later!!!

wsantia1

Glad you are feeling a bit better Ed.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Hoping to hear that each day finds you getting better.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)