• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 03:28:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Black spawn...

Started by Mugwump, May 21, 2014, 11:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I separated these two from the pair off tank a bit ago. This is their second spawn and seems to be going better than the first one.....oddity...they lay at the very tip top of the slate, and on the little slate ledge where it rests against the glass.....interesting...LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats on the black spawn.  Are these DD? Veil?  ;D ;D ;D That is an odd spot to lay. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on May 21, 2014, 11:12:56 AM
...I separated these two from the pair off tank a bit ago. This is their second spawn and seems to be going better than the first one.....oddity...they lay at the very tip top of the slate, and on the little slate ledge where it rests against the glass.....interesting...LOL....

Maybe they've read the Kama Sutra..... :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 21, 2014, 01:37:52 PM

LOL...I know at least one is DD..the other, I'm thinking a very dark turq.....D/+ S/S...the gill plates express more color..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 21, 2014, 01:55:43 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on May 21, 2014, 01:37:52 PM

Those should be real sweet.  ;D

LOL...I know at least one is DD..the other, I'm thinking a very dark turq.....D/+ S/S...the gill plates express more color..
Willie

Mugwump

..there is hope  ;D..they're cleaning a leaf to move them  ;D
Jon

Mugwump

........nope, no cigar.........I can't find em...I think they ate em....we'll see
Jon

wsantia1

Sorry to hear about that Jon.  They sounded promising. 
Willie

Mugwump

..hopefully they're taking tiny steps towards getting it right...? ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Is the color you're referring to a turquoise exclusively on the gill plates?  Sounds pretty.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 22, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
Is the color you're referring to a turquoise exclusively on the gill plates?  Sounds pretty.

Yes, pretty much...hence the nickname Turquoise...aka 'turq'.....one of favorites too...gorgeous angels, especially in maturity..

http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/phenotype_library_2007/2%20Locus%20Phenotypes/turquoiseblushingNew.html
Jon

PaulineMi

Oh my.  That's a stunning angel!

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 22, 2014, 05:32:50 PM
Oh my.  That's a stunning angel!

....makes ya a believer, huh?......I haven't had a pair in a bit, perhaps we'll get lucky with fry?..I'll start the line anew  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

I agree 100 pct.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Mugwump

Still popping around....mom is not happy with me watching them either.... ;D
Jon