• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 01:25:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Shrek & Fiona...

Started by Mugwump, May 18, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Ah...the sound of them rolling the eggs in the nest....next week, about this time we should be getting some chicks starting to hatch....??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

So what do the parent birds get fed so they can feed their babies?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 05, 2014, 11:31:55 AM
So what do the parent birds get fed so they can feed their babies?

Jan will have to chime in here when she gets home....but I believe we just feed the parents good healthy foods/fruits, etc and the regurgitate it to feed the chicks.....???we will get a special food tho, for when we feed and hand tame them....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wiggs

That is just what we will do. We will let the parents raise them for about 3 or 4 weeks and then pull them to hand raise. I think that they ween at about 6 to 8 weeks. Then we will sell them, if i can get them away from Jon.
Jan

Mugwump

Quote from: wiggs on June 05, 2014, 05:06:22 PM
That is just what we will do. We will let the parents raise them for about 3 or 4 weeks and then pull them to hand raise. I think that they ween at about 6 to 8 weeks. Then we will sell them, if i can get them away from Jon.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....my, and Manny's, new playmates... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon