• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 294
Total: 296

A Happy Ending.....

Started by PaulineMi, May 13, 2014, 05:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

After losing a discus this morning I got a pleasant surprise tonight.   Such a pretty sight in my attempt to create a natural setting.  :)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

That's a beautiful  pair. That's a nice surprise from your bad luck with your discus. They will have some pretty babies,  good luck with them.
Scott

Mugwump

Now that's just drop dead beautiful, Pauline.....WOW...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

LizStreithorst

A beautiful sight indeed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I forgot to add, now you'll see what Neil/Ken used for the pairs parents.....save the wild type fry tho....it's breeding back out now... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great looking pair there Pauline and as usual great picture too. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks everyone.  This is a spirit lifter. I put a nightlight over the tank. There are other fish in the tank and very hard water so this will probably be a practice run.  I will pull this pair as they are beauties.  Thanks Jon.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

JR

Fine looking Pair Pauline
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 13, 2014, 06:12:13 PM
I forgot to add, now you'll see what Neil/Ken used for the pairs parents.....save the wild type fry tho....it's breeding back out now... ;D

You sure do know Angel breeding, Jon.  I keep learning more and more from you.  Thanks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thank you JR.

Surprisingly the eggs are still in good shape!  Parents are guarding them, none are white.  It's still early though.  They haven't been there for a full 24 hours yet.  I'd pull them if they weren't on a huge hunk of driftwood.  It's probably a better plan to put the pair in the 20 for the next go round.  Then I can see if they'll parent raise.  I've never experienced that with angels before.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 14, 2014, 12:49:34 PM
Thank you JR.

Surprisingly the eggs are still in good shape!  Parents are guarding them, none are white.  It's still early though.  They haven't been there for a full 24 hours yet.  I'd pull them if they weren't on a huge hunk of driftwood.  It's probably a better plan to put the pair in the 20 for the next go round.  Then I can see if they'll parent raise.  I've never experienced that with angels before.

Don't be surprised if they raise right in their tank this time. They can be very able parents. I'll bet they have tried once before somewhere in there....who knows..?? LOL...wait til they move them ..LOL...
Jon

b125killer

It's neat to watch them parent raise but a little nerve racking.  They can hide the eggs/wigglers  pretty good.
Scott

PaulineMi

Well....they ate the eggs.   :P

Mugwump

Jon