• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

Accidents Happen......

Started by PaulineMi, May 13, 2014, 07:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Last night I accidentally dropped the glass top on the discus aquarium into their tank during a water change.  I thought it possibly hit my Turq but I couldn't see any marks on him. All of the discus went into a fear based frezy....in discus that includes charging into the sides of the tank.  They all looked okay before I went to bed other than being very skittish but I was concerned about all of the thrashing around in the tank.  This morning when I checked on them I found the big guy dead.   :( 

R.I.P. Beautiful.....

This is him the day I got him, a year and a half ago.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Sorry for your loss Pauline.  A very beautiful fish.

Dennis

Mugwump

I'm sorry to hear that, Pauline.....sad, a gorgeous fish...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

so sorry to hear that. he is a gorgeous fish
Scott

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis, Jon and Scott. There wasn't a mark on him so I'm thinking he suffered something internal from a head on crash into the tank. I've read about that happening on the discus forum. I'm glad I have worms from Liz to feed them.  Hopefully good live food will encourage the rest of the discus to calm back down as they look forward to getting goodies to eat.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

JR

Sorry to hear that Pauline.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

That's a tough break, gal.  Sorry.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thanks JR and Ron.  He was a big discus and I miss seeing him in the tank. 

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 13, 2014, 11:08:27 AM
Thanks JR and Ron.  He was a big discus and I miss seeing him in the tank.

Those worms will grow a few more biggies for ya... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

So sorry Pauline, I did just the same thing the other day too, my angel tank.  It can happen to all of us.
Barb

PaulineMi

wsantia1

That is so sad Pauline. Sorry fir your loss.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

LizStreithorst

I read this at work but my keyboard there doesn't work.  Loosing a big fish or a favorite fish isn't easy, but a you said, accidents happen.  I'm sorry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thank you Liz.  I was thinking on and off all day about how much different it feels to lose a big fish.  And he was one of my favorites.  The angels and discus are so special.