• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:14:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 316
Total: 317

Koi_Off_3 spawn...

Started by Mugwump, May 05, 2014, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Moved em from the 75 gal to their own tank now. This is the first try in this tank. They love that anubias leaf.... ;D ..nice big round eggs...we'll see, they almost raised a spawn in the 75 gal despite the battling, etc...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good luck with those Jon. ;D  How big is the new tank?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

That's quite the spawn!

Do you know what type of anubias that is?  It has such pretty leaves.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 05, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

LOL...that's your old 30 gal... :D

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 05, 2014, 04:44:01 PM
That's quite the spawn!

We get those from Mark, they're the wider leaf type...I don't know the name tho....I guess that I should ask him, huh?....LOL...we have a bunch of them in the various pair tanks..and need a few more too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 05, 2014, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 05, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

LOL...that's your old 30 gal... :D

LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 05, 2014, 04:44:01 PM
That's quite the spawn!

We get those from Mark, they're the wider leaf type...I don't know the name tho....I guess that I should ask him, huh?....LOL...we have a bunch of them in the various pair tanks..and need a few more too...
Willie

Mugwump

..spawn still looks real clean, no whities at all..... ;D....
Jon

b125killer

That's a pretty pair. Hope they raise them for you.
Scott

wsantia1

Real nice looking pair.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Mugwump

Thanks guys....so far so good, we'll see..... ;D
Jon

EdKaz

So I gotta ask.......what is/are Koi  "off"?? ???

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on May 07, 2014, 07:58:21 AM
So I gotta ask.......what is/are Koi  "off"?? ???

'off'......I'm keeping track of the 'offspring' pairs....F1's.......from Mom/Pop...crazy, but works for me...LOL.... ;D
Jon

EdKaz

QuoteI'm keeping track of the 'offspring' pairs....F1's.......from Mom/Pop...crazy, but works for me

Kinda what I was thinking the "off" meant. Nuthin "crazy" about it. ;)

You and Scott need to take a trip down again......I have 3 confirmed young pairs of those Pinoy Smokeys here. All four pair have raised to wigglers at least twice so far. You both need to come out and pick out a pair and take em home to fill YOUR tanks...mine are starting to bulge at the seams.......... and I  Just picked up another 180 gallons worth of tanks yesterday :-[

Also have a TON of those unrelated-maybe related Koi here at pea to predime size.....they laid AGAIN a few weeks ago and are tending to another large batch.  I might be easily swayed to trade away a handful or two of therm for say........oh........an Apple Fritter ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on May 07, 2014, 11:01:47 AM
QuoteI'm keeping track of the 'offspring' pairs....F1's.......from Mom/Pop...crazy, but works for me

Kinda what I was thinking the "off" meant. Nuthin "crazy" about it. ;)

You and Scott need to take a trip down again......I have 3 confirmed young pairs of those Pinoy Smokeys here. All four pair have raised to wigglers at least twice so far. You both need to come out and pick out a pair and take em home to fill YOUR tanks...mine are starting to bulge at the seams.......... and I  Just picked up another 180 gallons worth of tanks yesterday :-[

Also have a TON of those unrelated-maybe related Koi here at pea to predime size.....they laid AGAIN a few weeks ago and are tending to another large batch.  I might be easily swayed to trade away a handful or two of therm for say........oh........an Apple Fritter ;)

...an apple fritter??.....LOL... ;D...I was thinking of a trip down tomorrow, or Friday....??...I'm not sure what day that Scott is free ..??

Jon

EdKaz

Tomorrow wont work for me, unless its later in the day....I have another appt  in Joliet at 11 with saw bones for another round of epidural injections. :(

Friday should be good all day, as well as Saturday though. Lemme know

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on May 07, 2014, 08:09:46 PM
Tomorrow wont work for me, unless its later in the day....I have another appt  in Joliet at 11 with saw bones for another round of epidural injections. :(

Friday should be good all day, as well as Saturday though. Lemme know

...will do.........nothing cut in stone yet.. ;D
Jon