• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:25:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

Quad Cities Swap

Started by Mugwump, November 17, 2012, 07:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Tomorrow in Davenport, Iowa...we have a table. Not a really large event but really nice folks and some superior fish. If you're in the area, frop by...

http://qcfishkeepers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5102
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

Thanks....got a seat if you change your mind,,,??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I wish I could My wife wants me to clean the lower level. I made a mess setting up the breeder tank. I was the lucky winner to host Thanksgiving this year and she wants my fish stuff cleaned up.
Scott

ilroost

I'M not going to make it. gotta go south. kinda sucks was really looking forward to the white labs. but i have talked to the seller and will be getting some from him when i get back

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 17, 2012, 05:11:27 PM
I'M not going to make it. gotta go south. kinda sucks was really looking forward to the white labs. but i have talked to the seller and will be getting some from him when i get back

that's good..Mike's a good guy..he ships too, I believe...??

Quote from: b125killer on November 17, 2012, 04:44:16 PM
I wish I could My wife wants me to clean the lower level. I made a mess setting up the breeder tank. I was the lucky winner to host Thanksgiving this year and she wants my fish stuff cleaned up.

Slave, slave , slave......LOL....I ended up doing 3 lots of wash, the dishes , and putz'd downstairs and loaded the van for tomorrow morning...sans fish, of course.... ;D
Jon

Jo

Hope you have a great time! Sure wish I could come!
Jo

Mugwump

We made it home a bit ago and have put everything away....as I have said, it's not a large swap, but this one was fairly well attended. We didn't take much, however sold almost all that we took. I came home with 17 Melini , 5 Matae, and 3 huge,fat with eggs, female long fin greens.....they're all chowing on Super Max right now.....pigs....water changes tomorrow, we'll see if that and the journey sets em off.....it seems the Angelfish breeding fairy appeared too...3 more pairs laid....LOL...that's cool....I need some fry to raise...
Jon

sschind

It's a nice swap and the people are real nice.  Bob and I always have a good time when we do go.    I had another reptile swap today so I couldn't go (did Bob go?  I didn't talk to him about it)
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

He said that they couldn't get the time off....
Jon

b125killer

sounds like you had a good time. good luck with the spawns
Scott

Jo

Quote from: Mugwump on November 18, 2012, 05:02:02 PM
We made it home a bit ago and have put everything away....as I have said, it's not a large swap, but this one was fairly well attended. We didn't take much, however sold almost all that we took. I came home with 17 Melini , 5 Matae, and 3 huge,fat with eggs, female long fin greens.....they're all chowing on Super Max right now.....pigs....water changes tomorrow, we'll see if that and the journey sets em off.....it seems the Angelfish breeding fairy appeared too...3 more pairs laid....LOL...that's cool....I need some fry to raise...

Cool! you did good!
Jo

ilroost

wish i could of made it. sounds like you had a great time