• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 138
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

Super Nationals...drag racing

Started by Mugwump, November 16, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

6.22 220, geez. My best on a street legal was 8.20 162. 2200 pound 1970 Mustang w a 372 Ford Stroker 5.11 spooled 9", .620 cam, 14.1 Lunati's, and a 500 shot of Nitrous through a 1200 cfm dominator. Used to have a photo of that old gal sitting next to a squad car at the beef joint on Harlem Avenue. Had a full drag chute, a set of bars and 13.5 x 22 drag Eagles on her too with the sides chalked. Had to wait 3 hours for Barney Fife Because the corks were off and she had a nasty habit of cracking the glass on the car next to her if I lit her off too close. 145 decibels at the rear of the door. That would choke Barney on his dough nut. BTW, I was only about 10th fastest in the area. There was one running high 6.'s roaming the streets at night. Had about a 700 inch Rodeck in it and an 800 shot. It really wrinkled the street.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on November 16, 2012, 06:10:47 PM
6.22 220, geez. My best on a street legal was 8.20 162. 2200 pound 1970 Mustang w a 372 Ford Stroker 5.11 spooled 9", .620 cam, 14.1 Lunati's, and a 500 shot of Nitrous through a 1200 cfm dominator. Used to have a photo of that old gal sitting next to a squad car at the beef joint on Harlem Avenue. Had a full drag chute, a set of bars and 13.5 x 22 drag Eagles on her too with the sides chalked. Had to wait 3 hours for Barney Fife Because the corks were off and she had a nasty habit of cracking the glass on the car next to her if I lit her off too close. 145 decibels at the rear of the door. That would choke Barney on his dough nut. BTW, I was only about 10th fastest in the area. There was one running high 6.'s roaming the streets at night. Had about a 700 inch Rodeck in it and an 800 shot. It really wrinkled the street.

LOL....I went to H S in Pasadena , Ca...Colorado Blvd was loaded with street machines...Milne bros Dodge was just down the street and the Hemi's would come out and chew up the 409's and 406's....Herby Bridgeman had a blown Dodge V500 that took up asphalt chunks when he lit it up....those were the days....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Them were the good ole days. When I was 17 I had a 67 cougar. With a 460 671 blower a T10 four speed. She was a bad  girl. Dad made me sell her. We would run on Riprap Road for pink slips. I had 17 cars in the back yard that year.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BallAquatics

You guys and your big iron...  I had a '62 Chevy II with 302 I built from a bare block.  It was built to turn 10 grand but I ran out of cash by the time I got to the cam so she'd only turn 8400.  10.6 @ 130 was the best she ever did in the quarter, but I had a lot of fun at Frisch's with her.... there was more than one night we beat everything on the lot.  Yea, those were the good old days.  Looking back, it's a wonder I ever lived through it   lol

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 17, 2012, 06:28:05 PM
You guys and your big iron...  I had a '62 Chevy II with 302 I built from a bare block.  It was built to turn 10 grand but I ran out of cash by the time I got to the cam so she'd only turn 8400.  10.6 @ 130 was the best she ever did in the quarter, but I had a lot of fun at Frisch's with her.... there was more than one night we beat everything on the lot.  Yea, those were the good old days.  Looking back, it's a wonder I ever lived through it   lol

Dennis

Myself, I had a 57 chevy with 6 coats of hand rubbed midnight blue on it..with a metallic base...just an old 283 block/ quad and hurst shifter.....got a tuck and roll job on it and had it dyno tuned...ran well, but I would never run it...it was my baby....you could look down in that paint job all the way to China....I miss that car,,,,

Jon