• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 08:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,325
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Looks like some....

Started by Mugwump, April 06, 2014, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....re-pairing tomorrow....I need to divorce a few pairs ;D.... looking at pairing a nice big DD male veil with a F3 Manacapuru female......+/D fry...black lace....the male might be a super veil, if so....half will end up having those great fins.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Might try a plat to a HE ?....or a PB blue veil....?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

The plat/HE would be a interesting pair.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 06, 2014, 08:56:01 PM
The plat/HE would be a interesting pair.

...that's what I'm thinking to Scott.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I hate exhibiting my total Angel ignorance in front of the entire Angelfish world, but what is an HE?  I'm sure it's something obvious and I will feel like a fool when I'm told.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2014, 04:48:33 PM
I hate exhibiting my total Angel ignorance in front of the entire Angelfish world, but what is an HE?  I'm sure it's something obvious and I will feel like a fool when I'm told.

The HE's are 'het everything' (almost)..LOL...remember now?..Frank bred them his HB project
Jon

LizStreithorst

I remember now what it means.  I knew I would feel embarrassed.

I don't remember Frank's thread.  Perhaps I wasn't interested back then.  Would be so kind as to post the link?  I'm interested now.

Mugwump

There is no real thread on them here......
Jon

LizStreithorst

OK.  I suppose I will have to ask Frank. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2014, 05:58:03 PM
OK.  I suppose I will have to ask Frank.

Just look over on the TAS II forum.....I know the threads are there somewhere???....but I started the term 'HE' 'het everything.....I'm not sure a search for that will yield much..??...ask Frank, or search Frank's posts for the HB stuff....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I figured he talked about it there.  I PM'd Frank here so he will have to answer me here or not at all (evil grin).

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2014, 07:14:25 PM
I figured he talked about it there.  I PM'd Frank here so he will have to answer me here or not at all (evil grin).

..and what's the question???....nothing to tell really, they were just a result of crosses that he made during his ongoing half black project......
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I suppose I should have asked you my question.  I figured I'd ask Frank because I know that he's breeding half blues.  I wondered if it was within the realm of possibility to breed half oranges.  I know the stripeless gene would be involved so I doubt it would be possible, but you never know unless you make a fool of yourself by asking a stupid question.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 13, 2014, 03:19:38 PM
I suppose I should have asked you my question.  I figured I'd ask Frank because I know that he's breeding half blues.  I wondered if it was within the realm of possibility to breed half oranges.  I know the stripeless gene would be involved so I doubt it would be possible, but you never know unless you make a fool of yourself by asking a stupid question.

It's not so much the stripeless gene, but the gold.....g/g will attempt to mask the half black black...you'll likely get faded looking inverted expression....
Jon

LizStreithorst

You know, I think I'd read that somewhere once but it didn't stick.  Shame.  I was looking at the tank with my 5 surviving hb that are in with your grand kids and thought that a half orange would make a fine looking fish.  I figured that if it were possible someone would have done it by now.  I figured right.