• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:52:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

Did I hear right, Jo is in Tennessee.....

Started by BallAquatics, November 14, 2012, 02:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Hey Jo, next time you're out and about, how about catching me a couple pairs of these fish...  pretty please.

Etheostoma obama, the Spangled Darter is named after President Barack Obama for his policies on promoting clean energy, energy efficiency, environmental protection, and humanitarian effort during challenging economic times. This species is restricted to the Duck and Buffalo rivers in the Tennessee River drainage, Tennessee.

Come spring next year, I might just have to move around some Danios and make room for some native fishes.

Dennis

P4Angels

I would like to get some of these my self.    ;D  Something different to work with.
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Jo

Are you serious? There is a fish named after Obama? :o

Jo

LizStreithorst

None of these beautiful ditch fishes can stand the temp of a Discus tank.  Plus the fact that they are all so damn small.  It's a shame, but that's the way it is.

That is a beautiufl fish, Dennis.  Your Cestial Danio's rock as well.  I'd love to have them, but since I only love Discus, I can't.

I hope that Jo comes through for you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jo

Liz I wouldn't have a clue how to find these fish!
Jo

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 14, 2012, 06:25:08 PM
I hope that Jo comes through for you.

Liz, I have the utmost confidence that she will.  We got her to her first swap, now we just have to get her in the water!   :P

In all honesty, I have never collected any native fish either, but at 55, I'm still not too old to learn.  I've got it penciled in for some time next spring.

Dennis