• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

New pair

Started by LizStreithorst, April 02, 2014, 04:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My F1 Cuipeau have failed yet again.  Kids free swimming yesterday, gone this afternoon >:(  I'm tired of it and wont stand for it any more (now that a new pair has formed ;))

The new pair is a very nice proven spotted white Pigeon male.  (He has produced wigglers in the community tank.)   The female has just reached breeding age.  She is a Red Melon (also Pigeon based) and spawned with the male in the community tank last week.

It will be out with the failed pair and in with the most promising pair.  The female is a little small, but that's normal for Reds.  The pairing is acceptable and will have to do until Hansie is satisfied that my fish are clean, and sends me a kick ass breeding age female Silver Pigeon in late June.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

too bad.....better luck with the new pair ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 02, 2014, 04:56:54 PM
..... The pairing is acceptable and will have to do until Hansie is satisfied that my fish are clean, and sends me a kick ass breeding age female Silver Pigeon in late June.

Here's a nice pod cast of Hans talking about Care of Discus, Breeding Discus, and the factors involved in importing fancy Stendker Discus into the United States.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wm-aquaculture/2011/09/25/discus-hans

Dennis