• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

In the oven

Started by LizStreithorst, March 31, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm trying this.  I like the looks of it and it tastes on my mind's taste buds.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lovers-loaf/
If it turns out good I've got the second loaf wrapped in foil in the freezer and I can pop it in the oven for when my SIL visits from Brazil April 15th thru 22nd. 

She thinks that I like to cook.  Truth is, I like to eat and to eat well I have to do for myself.  I'm not a natural in the kitchen.  I depend on recipes from others.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

very nice...looks real good....we've made similar..but rolled cheese and green onions in the middle...

let me know how it tastes.....if as good as it looks...you'll eat the whole thing...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It sure 'nuf smalls good.  If it tastes half as good as it smells it will be a winner.  It calls for ground beef and ground pork.  The super market here in BFN doesn't have ground pork so I used mild italian sausage instead.  Since the sausage was quite fatty, I used ground sirloin for the beef.  I thought about adding some minced onion but when I tasted the raw stuff (I know you're not supposed to taste raw meat, but how else can you tell what it needs?) it was perfect.  Working with prosciutto is a pain, but it's so flavorful it's worth the trouble.

Mugwump

I saw 2 cups of red wine....that for the cook?....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No, the remaining wine in the bottle is for the cool.  I'm eating it now.  It is excellent.  Try it.