• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Petco $1 Gallon Sale

Started by wsantia1, March 23, 2014, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Petco - March 30-April 12. Keep an eye out for it. I'm getting the info second hand. lol  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 23, 2014, 07:28:58 PM
Petco - March 30-April 12. Keep an eye out for it. I'm getting the info second hand. lol  ;D

Thanks for the heads up.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I need more tanks like I need another hole in my head! 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 23, 2014, 08:12:39 PM
I need more tanks like I need another hole in my head!

jeeeeeez, Scott....you know that you need more... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I'm still looking for a cheap 150 to replace my 75. I also have a few spare tanks that I should get going. although a few more 55's wouldn't hurt. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 23, 2014, 08:23:01 PM
I'm still looking for a cheap 150 to replace my 75. I also have a few spare tanks that I should get going. although a few more 55's wouldn't hurt.

Now that's my buddy Scott!!!....you set em up. I'll help ya fill em  LOL... ;D
Jon

b125killer

I can always find some room for more of your angels. :D
Scott

P4Angels2

oh Jon!! do we have just the tank for a few of your kids! ;) ;) ;) ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*

JR

I piss Patty off every time they have this sell. I buy all the 20 longs they can get. Think I will go after the 55's They would work great for all the Angels I plan on getting this summer. That Patty dont know about yet.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 23, 2014, 09:01:30 PM
I piss Patty off every time they have this sell. I buy all the 20 longs they can get. Think I will go after the 55's They would work great for all the Angels I plan on getting this summer. That Patty dont know about yet.

LOL.... ;D
Jon

ghonk

I saw online that at least  SOME petco's switched  to TETRA brand 40 breeders,don't know about the other sizes.
Wonder about the quality and guarantee,i have NEVER bought anything but Allglass and Perfecto,and i'm OOOOLD.OH YEAH,and Metraframe.LOL 

sschind

Quote from: ghonk on March 24, 2014, 01:55:37 PM
I saw online that at least  SOME petco's switched  to TETRA brand 40 breeders,don't know about the other sizes.
Wonder about the quality and guarantee,i have NEVER bought anything but Allglass and Perfecto,and i'm OOOOLD.OH YEAH,and Metraframe.LOL

I know some stores have switched.  I have heard some people say that the Aqueon tops still fit and other say they don't.  Since Tetra is owned by the same company that owns Marineland and Perfecto I suspect the Tetra tanks are just Tetra branded Perfectos but I can't find anyone to confirm this.  Make sure you try any tops to make sure they fit.  Tetra branded tops I would assume would be OK.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on March 28, 2014, 11:22:54 AM
Quote from: ghonk on March 24, 2014, 01:55:37 PM

I know some stores have switched.  I have heard some people say that the Aqueon tops still fit and other say they don't.  Since Tetra is owned by the same company that owns Marineland and Perfecto I suspect the Tetra tanks are just Tetra branded Perfectos but I can't find anyone to confirm this.  Make sure you try any tops to make sure they fit.  Tetra branded tops I would assume would be OK.

interesting, thanks, Steve...good idea
Jon

Owl307

Hmmmm  8) I could use 2 40 breeders to fill up the racks  ;) and Im sure I can make room for whatever else i buy.I appreciate the info but my parents probably dont  ??? ;)
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on March 28, 2014, 12:40:08 PM
Hmmmm  8) I could use 2 40 breeders to fill up the racks  ;) and Im sure I can make room for whatever else i buy.I appreciate the info but my parents probably dont  ??? ;)

LOL....sure they will  ;D ;D
Jon