• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:57:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 265
Total: 265

Now you've done it, Lori...

Started by Mugwump, March 16, 2014, 11:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2014, 09:04:23 AM
..yes, amazing is right....also, the way that not all the females are laying at once....

I've only got the one female in the group.  One female & 4 males.  She is a good big bigger than the boys though.

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

was an awesome picture that Aron sent to me this morning!!! I just hope that we can successfully get little cats from the eggs!!! So exciting....

BallAquatics

I've got fry in tank #1 this morning!   ;D ;D ;D    This time around I added some aeration and 4 drops of methylene blue after the spawn.  It seems to have really cut down on the amount of fungus, (almost none).  Even the unfertilized eggs as well.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 18, 2014, 10:05:43 AM
I've got fry in tank #1 this morning!   ;D ;D ;D    This time around I added some aeration and 4 drops of methylene blue after the spawn.  It seems to have really cut down on the amount of fungus, (almost none).  Even the unfertilized eggs as well.

Dennis

....there will more soon.........congrats  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  You have been a great help in my Corydoras spawning initiation.   ;)    I'm thinking about getting some of the black ones.  I saw a bag at the GCAS swap and should have grabbed them.....

Dennis

Mugwump

..not sure what's going on here, I think my water may have been too cool....lost massive amounts of eggs...????....strange.....but I'll double check everything on the next one, that's for sure...
Jon

wsantia1

Sorry to hear that Jon.  I'm sure sniff out the problem. I'm curious to find out too.  Keep us posted. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Sorry about the bad luck Jon.  I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

Dennis

Mugwump

Thanks folks...got fry...but not like I expected....
Jon

b125killer

Scott

P4Angels2

OMG Aron and I looked and all be dog gone we have cory cat wigglers!!! Now what do we do? :o :o :o

When do we do water changes, what do we feed them?

Mugwump

Moderate water changes to tank temp, feed micro worms right away, when swimming....they are born without an egg sac............congrats....have fun...
Jon

P4Angels2

WOW!!! well today was moving day for these little guys!! They looked so tiny in the container that we put the eggs into and now they have moved up in the world to live with angel fry!!! Definitely see their little fins and wow what fat little tummy's they have!!! Can't wait to see them continue to grow!!!!

Mugwump

Jon