• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 264
Total: 264

Now you've done it, Lori...

Started by Mugwump, March 16, 2014, 11:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...should have known....LOL....did a cool water change yesterday with the regular fish room changes...Lori mentions cat fish spawning and ....boomba, just went down to the LF pod going berserk......holly moley....eggs are everywhere....they'll be done in a hour, or so.....thanks, sweetie....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Thats it? Just a teaser? ;)  :)

You WERE right.......definitely would be fun to watch for a while.   

P4Angels2

THE BREEDING GODS HAVE STRUCK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR WELCOME!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :P :P :P :P

P4Angels

2038.5 miles away and we can still work some magic... LOL

Congrats Jon
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

b125killer

That's awsome, now if mine would only spawn for me.
Scott

P4Angels

Might have over powered the mojo we sent to you jon....  The cats yesterday,  I have 2 female albinos in one end of the tank one went yesterday and the other today...  (have to fix that problem), the first pair of albino's are picking and getting ready to lay.   Have a slate full from my now 2nd timer pinoy, DD are down and should be any time, Silver chocolate and Pinoy pair are making practice runs...  On top of that I have 2 batches in hatching jars and another in waiting for them to start wigging...  Loir think im crazy but NEED MORE TANKS!!!!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on March 16, 2014, 06:36:10 PM
Might have over powered the mojo we sent to you jon....  The cats yesterday,  I have 2 female albinos in one end of the tank one went yesterday and the other today...  (have to fix that problem), the first pair of albino's are picking and getting ready to lay.   Have a slate full from my now 2nd timer pinoy, DD are down and should be any time, Silver chocolate and Pinoy pair are making practice runs...  On top of that I have 2 batches in hatching jars and another in waiting for them to start wigging...  Loir think im crazy but NEED MORE TANKS!!!!!!

Yep, more tanks... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...same issue here, 2 batches free swimming, 2 slates full, 2 caves full, and a bunch of pairs cleaning....but I did get to harvest the LF cory fry today....very nice spawn, good size too.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Lori....what an estimate on your egg count??
Jon

P4Angels2

Aron thinks that there were about 20 that made it to the other container...not sure how many got dropped into the substrate....

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on March 16, 2014, 09:02:42 PM
Aron thinks that there were about 20 that made it to the other container...not sure how many got dropped into the substrate....

the substrate monster always gets a few, no matter how good you get at rolling em off ....I should have about 75+/-....I'll try for a better count in the morning...
Jon

P4Angels2

wow!! There may have been more before Aron noticed they were there!! I am hoping that now that they have gone once that we have seen we will see more the next time!!

BallAquatics

Love is in the air as my albino cories spawned Friday afternoon too.  I gave them several hours and then moved the breeders into another tank.  After a short rest, they proceeded to decorate the glass in that tank too!  It's amazing how such a small fish can produce so many good sized eggs.

Dennis

Mugwump

..yes, amazing is right....also, the way that not all the females are laying at once....it goes in waves...our pod can take a couple hours+ to finish up.....
Jon

P4Angels

P4Angels

Looked up in that 15 long again this am after the lights came on and ill be damned more cory eggs.  I just have pulled another 20-30 eggs outof there again today....  fingers still crossed...