• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 11:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

So what is everyone going..

Started by Mugwump, March 11, 2014, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...to try and raise next? It seems that something new in our tanks adds a new thrill. and an added perspective to what we already have, and enjoy. What will we raise now, what new thrill will we experience??...... ;D...is anyone here ready for another species to watch and care for...??...sometimes it's as simple as a return to guppies, platy's, sword tails, mollies....for me, when the weather warms, it'll be some CPD's from Dennis.. ;D.....looking forward to the fun too.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

I've got some african cichlids :D 2 mother mouthbrooders holding eggs right now!!!
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

JR

Here real soon I am going back to Angle Fish And I am going to try some BN only had one a while back. Hope to start breeding Discus real soon also.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BillT

I have some Danio jaintianensis I would like to breed.
Males should be the ones with the more reddish horizontal stripe.

EverythingAquatic

Hmmm. 

Black Bar Endlers I am raising.  They should start reproducing late Spring or early Summer.

Bristlenose Pleco.  I have a mated pair that stopped breeding when their large seashell cave broke.  Need to come up with another cave.

And I am researching possibly breeding Rummynose Tetras.  Although info on the net is contradictory.

Thinking about attempting Gold Barbs as well.

As for angels I currently have:

*Blue Smokey pair
*Smokey Pinoy / DD Black pair
*Clown pairs that are het blue

And several juvenile wild crosses....Peruvian Glitter and Manacupuru / Rio Negro.  I hope to have a few pairs late Summer.

I think that's about it with my current stock.  I don't count the shrimp as all I do is keep them fat and happy.

b125killer

I'm going to try and breed long fin coryies. I'm also trying to breed the neolamprologus multifasciatus, There such neat little fish.
I just pulled a new spawn of albino BN's. I have been waiting for an albino pair for a long time. And once my long fin albino BN's get bigger they I'll breed them too. I would also like to try and get the L201 plecos to breed.
Scott

Ron Sower

Well, I'm taking a bunch of nano tanks down for the next 3 months, but plant to set up a small reef tank May/June. After fall I'll rethink what tanks to set up and what fish to keep/breed.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Once I set back up, I'll set up my Plat pair for a spawn and maybe I'll try my hand at the albino aneous cories.

I have a couple of large BNs but they are both female.  May be on the lookout for a male.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 12, 2014, 09:55:50 AM
Once I set back up, I'll set up my Plat pair for a spawn and maybe I'll try my hand at the albino aneous cories.

I have a couple of large BNs but they are both female.  May be on the lookout for a male.

drop me a note when you're ready....we'll check the tanks for one... ;D...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 12, 2014, 10:26:18 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 12, 2014, 09:55:50 AM

drop me a note when you're ready....we'll check the tanks for one... ;D...

Thanks.  i look forward to that.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I'm thinking real hard about doing something with the Dantums, blue glitter zebra from Carol and the Sta Isabel/Rio Negros from Jon. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Red top hongi's. Just got a nice trio to grow out

LizStreithorst

I've always had a fondness for Pearl Gourami's.  They are so graceful and peaceful and gorgeous when they're in their breeding colors.  There isn't much of a market for them and they have a gazillion babies at a time.  I suppose I could use excess kids as live food.

I know that they do quite well with Discus.  Anyone know if Angels are too aggressive for them?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We've kept Pearl Gourami's with angels before....no real issues...even had glass cats in there..
Jon

JR

I have Pearls with my Discus. They do very well. Always have had pearls they are the most peaceful gourami IMO
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day