• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

My town, my local supermarket and hot wings

Started by LizStreithorst, March 10, 2014, 04:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My supermarket gives stuff away that doesn't sell.  Mostly it's stuff that's junk, but not always.  Once the manager told my favorite cashier to give me all the reject imported cigars I smoke for free!  They cost 5 bucks each...$40. of  reject cigars.  Only 3 of the 8 didn't smoke right, and he told Tequila (I swear to God, that's her name) to give them to ME for free!!!! 

Last week I was checking out with my second favorite cashier and there was free stuff in a buggy at the end of the check out.  It's always a bunch of stuff I would never eat,  but this time there were some bottles Emeril's wing sauce.  (I think Emeril is a big shot chef on Food Network)  I took one and thanked them.  Made my hot wings today.  OMG, they were to die for!!!  All I did differently from what it said on the label is that I reduced the sauce after the wings were done, kept the wings warm and pour the reduction over them.

Having my little business in "Tiny Town" is much more of a blessing than a curse.  I've become more kind here than I ever have been.  The people here bring out the best in me.  I've become a sucker for the religious folks who come to my shop.   I always buy their silly raffle tickets.  I'm particularly fond of the black man that sells bags of warm boiled peanuts.

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

I couldn't agree more Liz....  small town life is wonderful.

QuoteAnd, yes, no doubt to others, our ways seem quaint, but, today of all days, it is bought home: It is no bad thing to celebrate the simple life. ~~ Bilbo Baggins

Dennis

Mugwump

Yes, it is...grew up in small towns...might end up in one again, someday soon...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I was unsure I could get my feelings across in words.  You gentlemen got it, so I guess I succeeded. Dennis, thanks for the quote from one of the wisest men who never lived.  Mug, you would be happy in Tiny Town if there were fish swaps within reasonable driving distance.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 10, 2014, 06:19:48 PM
I was unsure I could get my feelings across in words.  You gentlemen got it, so I guess I succeeded. Dennis, thanks for the quote from one of the wisest men who never lived.  Mug, you would be happy in Tiny Town if there were fish swaps within reasonable driving distance.

We'd make our own fish swap....convert em all....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson