• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 05:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Oh My!

Started by LizStreithorst, March 07, 2014, 04:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm not complaining.  I'm overjoyed, just don't know what I'll do if everything works out right.  One hb pair has wigglers that should free swim tomorrow.  Another has some that should free swim Sunday.  I came home form work to find a 3rd hp pair and the Discus pair in the act.  All the hb pairs are p/+.  I'm still determined to pull a spawn from the p/p pair just to see what I get from the retardo's.

I have lots of empty tank space but if all these fish succeed I will have to either toss some non expressing hbs or Discus that have been through hell and will not breed, or set up more tanks.  If push comes to shove, the compromised Discus will go first.  After that I'll set up more tanks.  Dumping the non expressing hb's is my last choice.  I hate having to destroy good fish.  It weighs heavily on me.  But it would open up another 100 gallon.

Please May, arrive soon.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Zounds!!!...more tanks...more tanks....yes, yes, yes... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll cull the Discus that appear perfectly healthy but won't breed before I set up more tanks, but I'll have a while to prepare myself before I do the difficult deed.  It's not easy for me to slap 5 to 6 inch Discus on the concrete and bury them so deep in the garden that Tink won't get the wiff and dig them out and eat them.  Dang dog could have made a fine living as a dead body finder >:(

If I have to do it it will be a milestone passed.  I have no use for fish that the only thing I can do with is look at.  I have the need to breed...to take what I have and make it better :)   I have a long time to prepare myself,  I have over 400 gallons of empty tank space.
Always move forward. Never look back.