• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 370
Total: 370

Suggestions?

Started by EdKaz, March 06, 2014, 09:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Last time I tried live plants in any of my tanks was 20 some years ago when I bought a few sticks/stems of SOMETHING, tossed em in the tank........and watched them die and turn the tank into crap.

Keep in mind the ONLY thing Green I have successfully grown/kept, is WEEDS in the backyard mixed in with the grass.

Im thinking of trying to add some to my tanks now, and need advice as to the EASIEST and most HARDY type of plants to start out with. Is there anything available that is pretty much idiot proof and can be kept in bare bottom tanks?

Mugwump

Try the Anubias varieties...you can even grow them in pots in your tank...remember the one in my 125..??....they also have thicker, sturdier, leaves that angels love to spawn on.. ;D....we have them all over the place...low light, low maintenance....boomba!!!..can't beat that....just a root tap occasionally and watch em grow... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..next time you're up, I'll show you....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson