• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 08:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

Warmer spring weather ...

Started by Mugwump, March 05, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...will be arriving soon.....what does everyone have available to ship? 

Looks like we'll have some misc fry...both Angels and bristle nose plecos...I may have a Koi pair, or two...and likely a pair of blacks?...a pair of Manacapuru crosses...various Pinoy's and PB fry/juvie's..some Plat fry...Plat pair....etc....

What's on the bargain block out there folks... ;D  If you're going to try shipping, springtime is the best to do first...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have a ton and a half of half blacks but not until mid May >:(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2014, 06:29:02 PM
I have a ton and a half of half blacks but not until mid May >:(

cool.....why May?....still growing out??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You already know.  Now you're making me tell the world?  Fine...

I got this bad virus from a Discus importer.  The Angels were extremely resistant, but not immune.  I didn't loose the first Angel.  Some never got sick!  It was a different story with the Discus.  I really don't want to get into the details.  I'll know for sure that my fish are clean when I get test fish from Hans.  Hansie was around in Holland back in the days when Discus Plague was wiping everyone out.  He's seen time and time again that with a bad virus, that if you remove symptomatic fish as they appear and keep up good daily WC that the virus will have nothing to feed on and disappear in 6  months.

My 6 months will be up May 1st.  I need to introduce a clean Stendker Discus and wait 3 weeks to see if it gets sick.  If the Hans fish doesn't get sick I'll be good to go.  So there!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

OK....I was just thinking along the lines of the post, after mine, that you made about the half black fry.....that actually answered my question. I knew the other issue was pretty well resolved...you'd have had more problems by now if it had lingered...imho...
Jon

EdKaz

Quotea pair of Manacapuru crosses......Plat pair

How did I miss THEM?

I Might have to take another trip up SOON, and do some self shipping  ;)

Mugwump

Jon