• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:19:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Please think of my husband

Started by Barb, February 21, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Glad to hear things are looking up even if it's little by little.  How far are you  having to drive up and back each day?  Like Dennis said...make time to take care of yourself too.  Still have you in my prayers.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Barb I am so happy that Bill is getting better every day. You and Bill are in mine and Patty's prayers. Like has been said before you must take care of yourself. I know it is hard. When all you have is Bill on your mind
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

Bill continues to improve and may soon go to a nursing home/rehab center before coming back home.  I won't be surprised if this is a million dollar bill by the time he gets home.  We are among the fortunate with full med. insurance, as good as gold these days I think.  Thank you all again for all your prayers and good thoughts sent to Bill and I.  Helps so much to know other people care.
Barb

PaulineMi

Wonderful news Barb. How is Bill taking all of this?  I'm sure he's responding well to all of your encouragement.

Prayers will continue for a quick and easy period of rehab.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Barb

Thanks Pauline, now that he is off the morphine and most narcotics for the pain, his mental state is almost normal.  For awhile he was out of it mentally.  I am so relieved his brain is fine now, after all he went through.  It was a concern.
Barb

Ron Sower

What's the latest Barb? I haven't been too consistent since Monday.  I hope I didn't miss anything.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thank you for asking Ron.  Bill has been gone from home for exactly 6 weeks today.  He has been in a local (thank goodness it is local) nursing home/rehab. center for almost 3 weeks.  After 24 days in the hospital, a lot of it in critical condition, he can't walk now.  He got too weak.  But his surgery is all healed and he is well except for the walking issue.  So, he needs to gain strength and be able to stand alone, then walk with a walker, to come home.  Last week I had a handicap ramp built at home for him to get up our 4 steps into the house.  He may have to come home in a wheelchair for awhile.  Our home is all handicap accessible except for those 4 steps.  Taken care of now. 

All kind thoughts and prayers are appreciated for him to get strong enough to be able to walk, even if it is slow and with a walker. He has lost 50 lbs. through all the illness.  Now he is only 155 lbs.
Barb

PaulineMi

All of our prayers and positive thoughts have helped Bill pull through this serious time in your lives. We'll keep him in our prayers for the strength he needs to walk again.

BallAquatics

You will both be in our thoughts and prayers Barb.

Dennis

Mugwump

He's still in our thoughts and prayers...I'm feeling that he'll be up and around soon... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Thanks for the update Barb. It will be a great day when he gets up and back home where he belongs. I'm sure he's getting pretty bored and restless in that nursing home....not to mention, somewhat despondent.

Tell him that if I were there, that one day he'd see this 6'2'' old guy, losing his hair, and on a knee scooter beeping his bicycle horn, come rolling down the hall to his room to visit (and wake everyone up!). And he'd have to work his butt off to beat me at checkers, Old Maid, & Go Fish! Then we'd back up to a corner of the hall and watch the all the girls & ladies walk by and hold up our score cards! Probably I'd also get him to save up all his apple juice in a quart jar and I'd have some yeast with me and we'd get a batch of applejack started for my next visit!

Ahh...but alas...I'm  too far away at the moment  :(

But if I weren't....that's what would happen!   ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 31, 2014, 10:06:51 AM
Thanks for the update Barb. It will be a great day when he gets up and back home where he belongs. I'm sure he's getting pretty bored and restless in that nursing home....not to mention, somewhat despondent.

Tell him that if I were there, that one day he'd see this 6'2'' old guy, losing his hair, and on a knee scooter beeping his bicycle horn, come rolling down the hall to his room to visit (and wake everyone up!). And he'd have to work his butt off to beat me at checkers, Old Maid, & Go Fish! Then we'd back up to a corner of the hall and watch the all the girls & ladies walk by and hold up our score cards! Probably I'd also get him to save up all his apple juice in a quart jar and I'd have some yeast with me and we'd get a batch of applejack started for my next visit!

Ahh...but alas...I'm  too far away at the moment  :(

But if I weren't....that's what would happen!   ;D

LOL..the place would throw ya both out.......LOL  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Thanks for making me smile Ron!  I have had a bad morning and you made me forget it for a moment.  I surely wish you were here to do all that fun stuff with Bill.  He would love to do it all.  He is very bored and I am his only excitement or interest at all, twice a day when I visit.  Otherwise it is just TV and our cranky daughter.  Thank you!
Barb

PS I hope your leg is healing up well?

Ron Sower

The silly thing, Barb, is that if I were there, I would do that!  And I would probably get kicked out of the nursing home for trying to organize hallway races with wheelchairs, knee scooters, crutches, and even gurneys! Several years ago I had some surgeries and would take my IV stand and walk down the hall pulling it behind me pretending it was a puppy! Used to keep the nurses going!  Hell...I was in my 30's then.  I've become a little more sedate!

My foot is coming along well. Went to doc today for 1st followup.  He said everything is perfect and pristine; that I've taken good care of his work!  I was bored from the minute I got home from surgery. 10 movies so far!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

Speaking of getting older  April 1st is Ron's Birthday.....  ;D
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...