• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 246
Total: 247

Please think of my husband

Started by Barb, February 21, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

A few more little improvements this morning.  It is our 43rd anniversary today.  When I got to ICU this morning the nurses had him freshly shaved, first time in 10 days, he had a little fabric bow tie laying on his neck, hair was combed, and he had a bouquet of paper flowers stuck in one hand to give me when I got there.  It was made out of paper pill cups on long cotton swabs.  His eyes were open a bit and he could say a few words.  It was a good visit.  They hope to get him out of ICU and onto the surgical recovery ward in the next few days.  Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. 
Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good news, Barb. Bet he'll really start coming back now!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Happy anniversary to you both.  Good to see that there has been incremental improvement each day. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Happy Anniversary too both of you. It's inspiring when I see two people that love each other as much as you and Bill.
Scott

EverythingAquatic

Sounds like he is showing improvement.  What a special anniversary present to see this and to hear he is improving enough to be moved out of ICU.  Sending prayers of healing and comfort.

Happy Anniversary!

PaulineMi

Happy Anniversary Barb and Bill.  It's good to hear that the nurses are taking such an interest in both of you and your happiness.  You know that means they care about both of you and will do their best for Bill. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I think is wonderful.  I think that good thoughts, prayers and superstitious rituals help. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I agree Liz, and thanks to you all!!  He is hanging in there, vitals looking more normal.
Barb

BallAquatics

That's great new Barb.  Now that he's doing better, take a deep breath and spend a bit of time to take care of yourself.  It's mighty stressful being at the hospital looking after loved ones.  You'll need your strength when it's time for him to come home.

Dennis

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Keep the good thoughts coming, folks.  There will be a long journey between how he's doing now and Barb having him back home with her. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Glad things are looking up Barb

Barb

Little improvements each day now.  He is still in ICU but they hope to get him onto the surgical recovery ward in the next couple days.  His abdominal incision is at least 15" long.  But I feel he will make it.  Just won't be home with me for weeks more.  Thank you all!
Barb

BallAquatics

Thanks for the update Barb.  It's great to hear he is doing better day by day.  Don't let them rush the move to the surgical ward as he will get much better care in ICU.

Dennis