• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

Chicago Auto Show...

Started by Mugwump, February 11, 2014, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

(Bear423) Bob;s wife scored a couple tickets for us to down on Thursday for the show....train down/cab to McCormack Place....looks like a fun day. I'll take my camera for sure. ;D

Here's a link to the live cams.....

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/multimedia/web-cams/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Jon you will have a great time. I been to a few of these just love them
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 11, 2014, 05:21:15 PM
Jon you will have a great time. I been to a few of these just love them

I haven't been down to one in years...looking forward to it..thanks.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

It was an excellent show..over 1 1/2 million feet of cars...and some 'beaut's too....

my favorite....the SRT'....what a great looking car.... ;D...nice off green color too...

then the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ($1, 400+,000)model shown...the other is $2.6 million.. ;D
LOL...but sweeeeeet....however no place to drive that puppy around here, even if you could come up with ! !/2 million.....0 - 60 in nose bleed time...something like 9 G's....
All gushing aside, this is some serious machinery; an 8.0-liter aluminum W-16 quad-turbo engine?the first and only one of its kind?puts out a mind-blowing 1183 bhp and 1106 lb.-ft. of torque, up from the standard Veyron's 987 bhp and 922 lb.-ft. The power increase comes from larger turbochargers and intercoolers as well as a freer-flowing exhaust, where the rest of the development dollars went into improved aerodynamics and extensive chassis redesigning to maintain safety with the increased speed potential (electronically limited to 258 mph in the interest of tire preservation).

Read more: http://www.roadandtrack.com/the-two-second-club#ixzz2tFMqV6WK
Jon

Mugwump

..or how about a Lamborgini...or a McLaren..?....

Jon

Mugwump

few others.......... ;D

Jon

Mugwump

few others.........

Jon

BallAquatics

Can I get that in '67 Chevelle blue???  Great photos Jon, thanks for sharing with us.

Dennis

Mugwump

LOL....Dennis, those folks must of thought a couple nuts...a couple old guys drool'n.....he he..
Jon