• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Danio fry....?

Started by Mugwump, February 14, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..do the fry tend to swim up, or down towards the bottom in their early days??....I'm asking because I can anchor some guppy grass clumps....or float them....
when the weather warms, I'd like to snag a bunch from Dennis and see if I can get em going.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

In my experience, depends, some species go up some go down.
Ask Dennis about the specific ones you get from him.

Mugwump

Celestial Pearl Danios.....

thanks, Bill ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

They are all over the place. LOL  You will need to remove the adults if you intend to raise very many fry.  I used to use a large portion of java moss in one side of the tank, but have lately been using nylon mops.

Here's an old video from about 5 years ago.  The moss takes up about 1/2 of the 5.5 gallon tank and the fry are from top to bottom on the other half.

Dennis

Mugwump

Ah....I see thanks, I wanted a better idea, and the vid helped... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2014, 04:38:23 PM
... I'd like to snag a bunch from Dennis and see if I can get em going.... ;D

Jon, I just moved a group of month old fry into a 20 long grow-out.  They should be ready just in time for good shipping weather.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 23, 2014, 09:52:18 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2014, 04:38:23 PM
... I'd like to snag a bunch from Dennis and see if I can get em going.... ;D

Jon, I just moved a group of month old fry into a 20 long grow-out.  They should be ready just in time for good shipping weather.

Dennis

Wonderful  ;D...thanks
Jon