• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 302
Total: 302

After 8 Years, Moving Back East

Started by wsantia1, February 12, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

After 8 years in the beautiful state of Illinois I have decided to return to the east coast (Delaware) where I call home anywhere from NYC to Washington D.C. Delaware happens to be right in the middle.

I will be leaving on March 1.  I'm going back to spend more time with my family now that I have been retired for a couple of years.  It has gotten mighty expensive going back and forth every 4 months or so.

I will miss the folks I have met in this state including Jon, Jan, Scott, Frank and any other fish folks that I have met through the forums or swaps. 

I will also miss my very good friends at the Fox Valley Dog Training Club where I train, work and generally have a whole bunch of fun with my Jack Russell Kobe. 

It's a good thing we have forums like this so we can keep in touch even when we are separated geographically. Thanks Dennis and Jon for this one.

I have started the disappointing task of breaking down my tanks but I am looking forward to setting at least some of them back up in my new destination.

My LFS has agreed to buy from me about a 100 to 150 juvenile Angels tomorrow.  I just have to figure out the easiest way transport them without any losses. 

I plan to take with me at least my 3 pair and all of my BNs (10) and cories (4). It should take me a day to get there so I should be OK.

Hopefully this weather starts to clear up a little.  Who knows maybe spring will start a little early on the east coast this year. LOL   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Well, 'cat's out of the bag'.....we'll miss you Willie, you're a good man. You know that we'll have a place for you you to stay, if you come back for a visit sometime. Your journey out east should be uneventful as far as transporting your fish......buckets/air stones/a warm car, or a few heaters, and you've got it licked..inverters are cheap .....

find a house yet?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well I waited to let the cat out until I knew everything was set.  I have temporary apartment and a few appointments lined up for permanent housing.  Movers coming on the 27th.  They get 1 day to pack 1 to load. I just have to watch them.  They will crate up my tanks. Then everything goes into storage for up to 60 days. I'm taking a 40B and an EZ Titan double stand with me.  The stand comes apart and it will fit nicely in the car. 
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2014, 04:46:31 PM
Well, 'cat's out of the bag'.....we'll miss you Willie, you're a good man. You know that we'll have a place for you you to stay, if you come back for a visit sometime. Your journey out east should be uneventful as far as transporting your fish......buckets/air stones/a warm car, or a few heaters, and you've got it licked..inverters are cheap .....

find a house yet?....

I appreciate the invite.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 12, 2014, 05:04:39 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

find a house yet?....

I appreciate the invite.  ;D ;D ;D

;D coffee will be on, my friend.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Best of luck in your move Willie.  Its nice to be able to be close to family.  Hope you find a dog training group that you enjoy as much as you do your current one. And setting up and restocking tanks is always fun.

Safe travels.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 12, 2014, 07:18:37 PM
Best of luck in your move Willie.  Its nice to be able to be close to family.  Hope you find a dog training group that you enjoy as much as you do your current one. And setting up and restocking tanks is always fun.

Safe travels.   :)

Thanks Pauline.  I'm looking forward to a reset with the tanks.  I hope they are as passionate about dogs where I'm going as they are over here.  If they are I will be very happy.
Willie

PaulineMi

I understand your training group concerns.  When I was training my dogs the topic of possibly moving would come up at home.     :o.  Where would I train was a thought that always made me a bit panicky.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

EverythingAquatic

Best of luck with your move.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be an easy drive for you.

wsantia1

Quote from: EverythingAquatic on February 12, 2014, 11:56:23 PM
Best of luck with your move.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be an easy drive for you.

Thanks.  The weather is my biggest worry. :-\
Willie

wiggs

Willie, Sorry to see you go. Please keep us up to date with your fish and dog training. Jon and I will miss seeing you, but we can chat on the forum.
Jan

wsantia1

Quote from: wiggs on February 13, 2014, 08:36:01 AM
Willie, Sorry to see you go. Please keep us up to date with your fish and dog training. Jon and I will miss seeing you, but we can chat on the forum.

Thanks Jan.  I'll miss seeing you guys too.  But this weekend I get to see you twice.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 13, 2014, 08:46:45 AM
Quote from: wiggs on February 13, 2014, 08:36:01 AM

Thanks Jan.  I'll miss seeing you guys too.  But this weekend I get to see you twice.  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

ilroost

Good luck, hope all goes well. I'm a mover, i have worked for united van lines for 29 years. To bad you didn't call us, you know i would of took care of all the fish equipment just like it was mine

wsantia1

Quote from: ilroost on February 14, 2014, 01:30:57 PM
Good luck, hope all goes well. I'm a mover, i have worked for united van lines for 29 years. To bad you didn't call us, you know i would of took care of all the fish equipment just like it was mine

Sorry about that.  It was contracted out to Atlas by my former employer.  I don't pay for a thing and they even do the packing.  I'll be keeping a very close eye on what they do with my equipment.  They are sending some specialilst over to crate the bigger tanks.
Willie