• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 11:58:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

LED lighting...

Started by Mugwump, February 06, 2014, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

What carrier has it?  UPS sometimes comes pretty late here.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

My lights are here  ;D   My lights are here  ;D   My lights are here  ;D   My lights are here  ;D

and they are super nice!!!... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

I'm putting the LED fixtures on tanks ....two pair tanks so far...they look pretty awesome. I'm trying the 48" on the tank with the anubias blossom....amazing...I don't know why we hacen't switched before now....well, ok....$$$$$'s....LOL....they were always so damned expensive ;D....now, not so much
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 22, 2014, 10:12:13 AM
I'm putting the LED fixtures on tanks ....two pair tanks so far...they look pretty awesome. I'm trying the 48" on the tank with the anubias blossom....amazing...I don't know why we hacen't switched before now....well, ok....$$$$$'s....LOL....they were always so damned expensive ;D....now, not so much

They also use less electricity.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Their on my wish list.  I tend to think of my fish desires are necessities when in realty they're indulgences.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I just set up 3 LED lights...total wattage of about 16 watts....I took off and old 48"(with big cord ballast) and (2) 30"...total about 100 watts+....when I get done relamping, someday LOL, I should cut my electric by a nice chunk of change  ;D....45 more tanks, or so to go... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Only 45 or more tanks... ;D   LEDs are very cool though.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 22, 2014, 05:32:14 PM
I just set up 3 LED lights...total wattage of about 16 watts....I took off and old 48"(with big cord ballast) and (2) 30"...total about 100 watts+....when I get done relamping, someday LOL, I should cut my electric by a nice chunk of change  ;D....45 more tanks, or so to go... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

It's time to add a few more LED lights down there....alas, they're out of stock til April...sheesh...
Jon

b125killer

Where are you getting the lights from?
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 14, 2014, 08:56:31 AM
Where are you getting the lights from?

they've been on sale here...but won't have more til the 1st of April...

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Light-Freshwater-Bright-s/66.htm
Jon