• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 255
Total: 255

LED lighting...

Started by Mugwump, February 06, 2014, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 06, 2014, 06:48:42 PM
Ah, ok.....thanks.....

I could probably pull a 48 inch off of my 55g and bring it to the swap.  I have no plants in that tank. That way you can see how the lights look against your fish. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Here's the difference in the 22" Marineland Double Bright and the 16" Beamswork LEDs.  The center row of LEDs on the Marineland fixture consists of blue lights. The Beamswork has some blue lights "here and there". Overall the Beamswork  is way brighter...and much less expensive.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Nice pic...it does show the difference...the Beamswork light being cheaper/brighter too, is a nice thing ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 06, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
Ah, ok.....thanks.....

I could probably pull a 48 inch off of my 55g and bring it to the swap.  I have no plants in that tank. That way you can see how the lights look against your fish.

Thanks Scott....would you be able to bring it down with you on the Sunday trip?...we could just try it out, then I can get one later.....I'd just like to see how good it works.... ;D  if not, no biggy, I may get one anyway???????....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 07, 2014, 10:00:38 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 06, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
Ah, ok.....thanks.....

Thanks Scott....would you be able to bring it down with you on the Sunday trip?...we could just try it out, then I can get one later.....I'd just like to see how good it works.... ;D  if not, no biggy, I may get one anyway???????....

Were you responding to Scott or me?
Willie

Mugwump

LOL......doh....LOL....disregard Willie, I got the lights mixed up on who had who.....Scott....oops....sorry guys.... ;D     "senior moment"  ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Tank with T8 lighting versus ...same tank with the LED fixture(brighter)

Jon

Mugwump

Blue Moonlight....nice.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

b125killer

The led lights seem clearer too me. I also like the moon lighting.  I watch them at night with just the moon light. I like how it makes a shimmering shadow in the tank.
Scott

Mugwump

I just ordered two of the 24-36 LED lamps.....the longer ones were on sale, but not in stock..sheesh.... ;D

I'll check out 'TopDog' next... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Stay away from the Marineland Single Brights.  I have one of those and I can hardly tell it's on sometimes.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 17, 2014, 08:30:12 AM
Stay away from the Marineland Single Brights.  I have one of those and I can hardly tell it's on sometimes.

These are the same type/brand as the one I got from you.....2 lamps $71...no shipping fees...hard to beat that deal... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 17, 2014, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 17, 2014, 08:30:12 AM

These are the same type/brand as the one I got from you.....2 lamps $71...no shipping fees...hard to beat that deal... ;D

That certainly is a great price. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

So I'm sitting here still waiting for my 'end of the day' delivery ;D ....geez Louise!
Jon