• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

LED lighting...

Started by Mugwump, February 06, 2014, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I may breakdown and get a couple, few of these.....I'm tired of the others... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I have a couple of these and they're very nice....especially for the price.  They're sleek, low profile and actually quite bright.  I have a 48" fixture and a couple of small ones.

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Light-Freshwater-Bright-s/66.htm
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

I also like the LED lighting.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Thanks for the link, Pauline. Do they penetrate to the bottom pretty well?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

Boy, those prices seem very reasonable too..cheaper than other places that I have seen. And don't they save a lot on the electric bill too being LED's??

Mugwump

Quote from: shatanka on February 06, 2014, 07:58:38 AM
Boy, those prices seem very reasonable too..cheaper than other places that I have seen. And don't they save a lot on the electric bill too being LED's??

At about 9 watts, you betcha they save ya.....I probably have 40+ lamps burning now...yikes..
Jon

wsantia1

Those prices are great.  I'll keep this link for future reference. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

My only problem is I don't get great plant growth with my led lights.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on February 06, 2014, 08:33:45 AM

The have better bulbs available, but pricey.....do you have any sitting around that you're not using at the moment??....I'd like to try one on my swap setup tanks, if you do... ;D..if you'd let me borrow it for a day????....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 06, 2014, 08:42:34 AM
Quote from: b125killer on February 06, 2014, 08:33:45 AM

The have better bulbs available, but pricey.....do you have any sitting around that you're not using at the moment??....I'd like to try one on my swap setup tanks, if you do... ;D..if you'd let me borrow it for a day????....

Jon, if Scott doesn't I have one I could let you use.  I'm breaking down one of my 29g so it will fit your 20s.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Thanks, Willie....actually if I had two, or a 48", it'd be perfect, I may snag one locally too???...does it show off the blues and oranges, etc real well?....I'm hoping it will display the colors well..or better than the tubes...LOL..........as for here, I just want to save some electric.. ;D
Jon

b125killer

I don't have any extra lighting. I need to start thinking about what im going to use for the 75 in my son's room.
Scott

PaulineMi

Here is a picture of the 48" LED in the link that I have on my angel tank. No CO2 or fertilizers are used in this tank and there's just a plain gravel substrate.  No windows reflect into this tank either.  It has a black background.  I just took this picture tonight.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Nice pic....the blues pop pretty good with your light... ;D..is that centered F/B..L/R..?
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on February 06, 2014, 06:22:28 PM
Nice pic....the blues pop pretty good with your light... ;D..is that centered F/B..L/R..?

The above picture is with the light at the front of the tank.

Here's a picture with it at the back of the tank.  I keep it at the front because I don't like seeing the heater and filter parts.  The light is 48" long as is the tank....tank is 18" wide,  75 gallon.