• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 309
Total: 309

Bad Ballast

Started by b125killer, February 05, 2014, 07:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

yesterday a ballast went bad on me. I got a new one ordered but it's not going to be here until Monday. Lucky it's not my planted tank. But I do have a nice big Java fern in it. I could move it easily it's in a pot. Then I was wounder how long can it stay in a tank with out lighting?   
Scott

BallAquatics

I would think it could go a week with no problems.  I have some tanks with java fern that just receive indirect light from other tanks and the ferns continue to grow.

Dennis

JR

It will be fine till Monday
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

I agree also.  Someone once told me that Java fern, moss, anubias and a few others could grow in a garage. ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

oh it's like the Indian water weed. I was told that stuff will grow in a cup.  I am a bit surprised with the colors of the angels in there. the pinoy are getting lighter but his stripes are showing a lot brighter. The white colors of the paraiba have turned to a light pinkish color, with the fins getting almost black. and the pb zebra is just bursting with dark blues and it's bars are as black as night.
Scott